Target Boycott Discussion Thread. Discuss your thoughts and how it is effecting your store

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man and his wife (both over 50 years old at least came through my line). The man said, "She has a red card and is shopping here. I'm boycotting target, I'm just here to support her."

So now I have questions. 1. Your wife needs support to shop in a store? 2. Do y'all have joint accounts, because if so...well, that's still your money homie. 3. Why did you think I'd engage you in this conversation that was clearly already destined to go nowhere? 4. If your wife supports the cause, and you came to support her... Then don't you, by default, support the cause?

Ugh.

A man and his wife (both over 50 years old at least came through my line). The man said, "She has a red card and is shopping here. I'm boycotting target, I'm just here to support her."

So now I have questions. 1. Your wife needs support to shop in a store? 2. Do y'all have joint accounts, because if so...well, that's still your money homie. 3. Why did you think I'd engage you in this conversation that was clearly already destined to go nowhere? 4. If your wife supports the cause, and you came to support her... Then don't you, by default, support the cause?

Ugh.

I hope she didn't buy anything like toilet paper. He could be out of luck if he ends up having to use whatever she bought!

Ours sales are flat right now but that's typical for us this month every year. Give it a week & we'll be comping 5%

Here's an article indicating the many places people who have signed the boycot petition can no longer shop or support:

All the Things You Can No Longer Buy if You’re Really Boycotting Trans-Friendly Businesses
Love this article. Ran into a someone I had not seen in a while today. We used to be Facebook friends but I deleted due to her postings. Naturally we talked about work and she says "I am boycotting Target"". I knew the reason why given her past views. I should send her this article as she was at the time busy typing on her Apple iPod and I know where she gets her meds so she better find a new supplier (if she can). Sadly for her, trans have been using "her" bathroom for years but she would never know. Wonder if she'll now boycott her normal voting for the GOP given the recent conviction of one them for bank fraud to cover up issues with school boys. Doubt it.

And sales at my store are up and busy as ever.

I talked to a guy today who is boycotting Target, but he's still shopping at his Kroger store, even tho they support LBGT. "That's different - I have to eat." as he texted his wife on his iPhone using Verizon. So you only boycott when it's convenient? Right.

I jsut sent a prayer request on that site for the Lord to look out for his children, the transgendered children of the Lord who've been forsaken. Hope those f*ckers choke on it!

Our sales are down but I'm not sure if it's due to this b.s. or weather, or just bad luck. I'm so over this crap.

the people signing the other petition may not even be real people and they may not be able to honor their commitment...

Sales in my district haven't been affected in fact they seem to be up for this time of year. we haven't gotten any calls with people complaining and in fact the only people I have personally seen complain about the policy have been at a register checking out. I have told them that there is nothing we can do about it at the individual store and that I can give them the guest relations phone number and have also told them that corporate isn't likely to budge on it and they are welcome to shop elsewhere. All have refused to take the number and said that regardless they are still going to shp here, but wanted us to know that they don't like the policy.

Yesterday I met someone who came in "specifically because we have this policy" He said he didn't shop at spot that much but would make it a point to. I told him it has been policy for years and Target just decided to let the public know. And thanked him for his coming in and to just ask if he needed help while he was shopping.. Dude was happy as all can be..

the people signing the other petition may not even be real people and they may not be able to honor their commitment...
Same can be said with the one you posted and any other online petition for that matter. I won't sign either one.
I personally don't think there really needs to be a policy one way or the other. Call it the Libertarian in me. I think we as a country need to focus less on social issues like this and focus on more important issues like our economy, protecting our 2nd Amendment rights, and protecting this county for acts of terror.
I am post op Transsexual I personally used the Mens Room in stores until I was at the point where I passed as a biological female and was getting questioned as t why I was in the mens room from both patrons and stores, restaurants and businesses alike. At that point it became easier for me to use the Women's room as short of me walking around naked or wearing a sign that says I am Trans around my neck everyone just assumed I was a women. I never needed a law or policy to tell me which bathroom to use. I used common sense. When I still looked like a boy in a dress. I used the mens room. Once the hormones soften my skin, gave me curves, caused me to grow breasts. And add that to my already feminine face, high pitched voice and my grown out hair and had people referring to me as Miss, I stared using the Women's Room As it made others more comfortable.

I talked to a guy today who is boycotting Target, but he's still shopping at his Kroger store, even tho they support LBGT. "That's different - I have to eat." as he texted his wife on his iPhone using Verizon. So you only boycott when it's convenient? Right.

Its trendy to "boycott" target

Same can be said with the one you posted and any other online petition for that matter. I won't sign either one.
I personally don't think there really needs to be a policy one way or the other. Call it the Libertarian in me. I think we as a country need to focus less on social issues like this and focus on more important issues like our economy, protecting our 2nd Amendment rights, and protecting this county for acts of terror.
I am post op Transsexual I personally used the Mens Room in stores until I was at the point where I passed as a biological female and was getting questioned as t why I was in the mens room from both patrons and stores, restaurants and businesses alike. At that point it became easier for me to use the Women's room as short of me walking around naked or wearing a sign that says I am Trans around my neck everyone just assumed I was a women. I never needed a law or policy to tell me which bathroom to use. I used common sense. When I still looked like a boy in a dress. I used the mens room. Once the hormones soften my skin, gave me curves, caused me to grow breasts. And add that to my already feminine face, high pitched voice and my grown out hair and had people referring to me as Miss, I stared using the Women's Room As it made others more comfortable.

Which, of course, makes sense. And really what I suspect most transgender people do. But now, thanks to silly laws, unless you were able to change your birth certificate, people have decided you should be in the men's room. You know, because that will go over well.

As I said in the last thread, if this is what pisses people off, and not the fact that workers are paid slave wages -- which conservatives tend to support anyway -- or the fact that staffing is literally a joke at this point and stores are running on skeleton crews, then fuck these people and I hope they never shop at Target again (but we know they'll be back next week). Why don't you people get outraged about something that matters, not just what Faux News tells you to get upset about. No rational human being gives a fuck what other law-abiding citizens are doing in their public restrooms. I invite all trans people to come piss in the same restroom as me for as long as they please. Go do it in North Carolina too. If it pisses off these Faux News morons, do it all day if you want to.

Last edited:
I wish it was just the Fox News people. But it's the actual legislators and governors of these states (North Carolina and Mississippi) that are doing this, officials elected by the majority of the populations of these states. Mississippi gets 43% of its budget from the Feds, yet they've determined that it's okay to discriminate against LGBT (you don't have to sell, you don't have to rent, you don't even have to offer medical services!) if they feel like it goes against their religious belief. How insane is this?

I frankly wish Target and every other national chain would close their stores in these communities and that the Feds would place an embargo on these states. I guess they forgot the siege in Vicksburg during the Civil War and the effect it had. Maybe it's time for a reminder. These are the people we should be boycotting!

Yeah, I'm a little pissed.

The problem with that petition is that you can sign it multiple times, and you don't even need a valid email....so the numbers are totally inflated.

I'm in California...so...sales are just fine for us. I actually picked up hours this week.

i might be wrong on this subject, but what i'm hearing in this thread is people who work at target trying to be optimistic about the fact that their company made a really big mistake and it's going to hurt the bottom line.

Which, of course, makes sense. And really what I suspect most transgender people do. But now, thanks to silly laws, unless you were able to change your birth certificate, people have decided you should be in the men's room. You know, because that will go over well.
Last I checked I have never been asked for my birth certificate when using the bathroom, nor have I ever been asked to see my drivers licence or US passport (both state Female) to use the bathroom. The silly laws you mention are just that silly. But so are the ones coming out from the Liberal left. There is no need for them, especially at the Federal level. Laws need to be enforceable and even when they technically may be we need to step back and determine if the law is needed, and if making it should be a priority for this country. Some lawssuch as those that say who can marry who, or who can work for who, have no place being governed in the first place. To tell a church that doesn't believe in my views that they have no choice but to marry me is ridiculous. Why on earth would I want to force my personal views on anyone. Personally I could give a crap if in my particular case its called marriage. A civil union would give any spouse I might ever have rights to my benefits. On the same note I would never try and force an employer that has an issue with me being so based on their religious belief to hire me. why would I want to work there short of doing it to piss them off. For example If a Trans person wants a job with insurance that will cover there Sexual reassignment Surgery, then they should look for an employer, like Target, who's insurance plan covers it. To get hired somewhere and then getting pissed about it lacks common sense to me.
As for Target, they are a private company and can do what they want, as long as it is in compliance with state and federal law. As such I will not sign a petition either way as it is the company's choice as to what they wish to do. I am sure they will lose some business. They more then likely did their research before making the announcement, and I highly doubt that any petition leaning either way will have any effect on what they do.

To me the whole bathroom this is as simple as this. If you look like a man and people assume you are one, then use the men's room. If you look like a Woman, and people assume you are one use the Woman's room. If you don't feel comfortable in either then use the single occupant family bathroom or hold it till you get home.

i might be wrong on this subject, but what i'm hearing in this thread is people who work at target trying to be optimistic about the fact that their company made a really big mistake and it's going to hurt the bottom line.

Was it a really big mistake? Certainly not.

Will it hurt the bottom line? Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back