Target Boycott Discussion Thread. Discuss your thoughts and how it is effecting your store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I checked I have never been asked for my birth certificate when using the bathroom, nor have I ever been asked to see my drivers licence or US passport (both state Female) to use the bathroom. The silly laws you mention are just that silly. But so are the ones coming out from the Liberal left. There is no need for them, especially at the Federal level. Laws need to be enforceable and even when they technically may be we need to step back and determine if the law is needed, and if making it should be a priority for this country. Some lawssuch as those that say who can marry who, or who can work for who, have no place being governed in the first place. To tell a church that doesn't believe in my views that they have no choice but to marry me is ridiculous. Why on earth would I want to force my personal views on anyone. Personally I could give a crap if in my particular case its called marriage. A civil union would give any spouse I might ever have rights to my benefits. On the same note I would never try and force an employer that has an issue with me being so based on their religious belief to hire me. why would I want to work there short of doing it to piss them off. For example If a Trans person wants a job with insurance that will cover there Sexual reassignment Surgery, then they should look for an employer, like Target, who's insurance plan covers it. To get hired somewhere and then getting pissed about it lacks common sense to me.
As for Target, they are a private company and can do what they want, as long as it is in compliance with state and federal law. As such I will not sign a petition either way as it is the company's choice as to what they wish to do. I am sure they will lose some business. They more then likely did their research before making the announcement, and I highly doubt that any petition leaning either way will have any effect on what they do.

To me the whole bathroom this is as simple as this. If you look like a man and people assume you are one, then use the men's room. If you look like a Woman, and people assume you are one use the Woman's room. If you don't feel comfortable in either then use the single occupant family bathroom or hold it till you get home.
Two things...churches and pastors are free to marry or not marry whoever they want. Trust me, that hasn't changed. I am free to turn down any wedding I want for any reason I want, thanks to the first amendment.

Second, because of these laws, people who are women and have always been women have been threatened and thrown out of the women's restroom because they didn't look feminine enough. And some people who should be able to use the bathroom of their gender are now (for good reason) afraid to do so because they don't look enough like a man or a woman.

Not every business (nor every Target) offers a gender neutral bathroom. And holding it until you get home isn't always a practical option.

These laws may be silly, but they are having real consequences on people. And that's the problem.

I live in a fairly liberal state, so people here are very supportive of Target, business is booming. I have heard of a few people upset though. Hours for everyone!

we had a local church group call in and state that they were going to start sending in members to fill up carts, walk them to the front of the store, and then leave. because clearly that's an appropriate, not at all childish response.

shitty thing is they've actually been doing it. yesterday, two full carts of frozen and perishables, with a bunch of other stupid little things that they knew would take forever to put back. tonight, a woman came through a register with over $500 worth of merchandise, made the cashier scan the whole thing, then proudly announced that she forgot her card and walked out without any further comment.

childish, and petty, and ultimately a pointless gesture. how is that doing anything other than making people mad at you? furthermore, it doesn't seem very 'Christian' to me. if only it were a bannable offense so we could hold you to your stupid little boycott.

we had a local church group call in and state that they were going to start sending in members to fill up carts, walk them to the front of the store, and then leave. because clearly that's an appropriate, not at all childish response.

shitty thing is they've actually been doing it. yesterday, two full carts of frozen and perishables, with a bunch of other stupid little things that they knew would take forever to put back. tonight, a woman came through a register with over $500 worth of merchandise, made the cashier scan the whole thing, then proudly announced that she forgot her card and walked out without any further comment.

childish, and petty, and ultimately a pointless gesture. how is that doing anything other than making people mad at you? furthermore, it doesn't seem very 'Christian' to me. if only it were a bannable offense so we could hold you to your stupid little boycott.

that sounds terrible. a group of heads got together and figured out how to make their boycott more effective. not only are they not spending money, but they have found a way to raise target's expenses. if every one of the million people who signed the petition did this it would be like there were really 2 million people boycotting.

i might be wrong on this subject, but what i'm hearing in this thread is people who work at target trying to be optimistic about the fact that their company made a really big mistake and it's going to hurt the bottom line.

I haven't worked at Target for quite a while now so your assumption here is incorrect.

On the contrary, Target will not by-and-large suffer financially from this decision. Will a few bigots boycott? Sure. But I wouldn't want their money. It's dirty to me. If Target decides to reverse this policy just to please the bigots, that would speak low of them as a company. It's about taking a stand for people's rights.

Last edited:

Wow. Literally spoiling perfectly good food and causing it to be thrown away just because you're pissy that other people are entitled to the same rights as you. That's very Christian of them. I'm sure that's exactly what Jesus would want.

I mean I really just don't get it. I don't understand how you could possibly be outraged about this. Why is the right-wing so obsessed with sex and genitalia? That's always what it comes down to. They just can't stop thinking and worrying about who's trans or who's having gay sex near them. I'll bet they've been in a public restroom with one or two or three dozen trans folk at this point, and they've never noticed. But now that North Carolina legislators and Donald Trump are making this kind of bigotry socially acceptable, they suddenly feel it's appropriate to be checking birth certificates at the bathroom door.

Please, get a hobby.

I mean I really just don't get it. I don't understand how you could possibly be outraged about this. Why is the right-wing so obsessed with sex and genitalia? That's always what it comes down to. They just can't stop thinking and worrying about who's trans or who's having gay sex near them. I'll bet they've been in a public restroom with one or two or three dozen trans folk at this point, and they've never noticed. But now that North Carolina legislators and Donald Trump are making this kind of bigotry socially acceptable, they suddenly feel it's appropriate to be checking birth certificates at the bathroom door.

Please, get a hobby.

Ironically, if they had things their way, you would have super masculine trans men in the women's room, simply because they were technically born female. (and vice versa) I don't get why they would want that. For being such simplistic people, you'd think that would bother them. If anything, you can sort of reverse the fear of their logic. A man could go into the women's restroom, saying, "Well, I was born a female, but since you idiots won't let me use the men's restroom, I now have to piss next to your ugly child." So really, I don't understand how they don't see this policy as somehow beneficial to them too.

Also, I don't buy for one second that the "concerns" critics of this policy have are purely out of the need to protect children. I'm really sick of people saying, "But the children!" as a method to disguise their ignorance and lack of understanding about something. You don't care about the children. You just think this shit is weird, and it makes you uncomfortable. AND THAT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL! Just own up to it! And try not to let that fear dictate you in such an irrational manner. Ugh.

Anyway, stuff like this typically blows over eventually anyway. I'm not too worried about it. It's just annoying.

That is gonna be one rich transgendered person!

You can tell they have not thought this through. Think of the children? Ok you explain to your little girl why that dude is in the ladies room.

" suszy he is in here cause his "between me down there are really girl parts." And why he looks like a man but really is a woman. I can't wait to be in the stall and hear that conversation..

From this video I got was that it was OK for a bearded lumberjack to use the ladies room as long as he "self-identifies" with it.

I wonder if "Andy" was dressed as a woman?

You can tell they have not thought this through. Think of the children? Ok you explain to your little girl why that dude is in the ladies room.

" suszy he is in here cause his "between me down there are really girl parts." And why he looks like a man but really is a woman. I can't wait to be in the stall and hear that conversation..

Doubt Suszy is going to notice but just in case " She was born in the wrong body so doctors are helping her be who she wants to be."

Equality, right here.
I bet this'll happen again soon, with another store that embraces equality, rights for LGBT. :)

Preview

We had one protestor a preacher claiming that he had hundreds of followers, called the news and said that things were going to get "ugly" no one showed up but him and he bought the poster board and spray paint at Target to make his signs, What a Moron :rolleyes:

He eventually started yelling at guests and scaring children the police were called and they asked him to leave, he came back and started protesting under our sign out front and standing in the turn lane to keep people from turning into our store, the police were called again and I think they arrested him :p

We had one protestor a preacher claiming that he had hundreds of followers, called the news and said that things were going to get "ugly" no one showed up but him and he bought the poster board and spray paint at Target to make his signs, What a Moron :rolleyes:
The one time I would bug the hell out of a Guest for a Red Cars.

I've been up for backup 4 times in the first three hours of my shift if that answers any questions.

That's just fucking weird if that was a "man."
I honestly think target employes are getting it wrong. I don't think that is what they meant by the statement they made..that guy did not identify as a woman nor was he transgender. He should have been sent away... Just my opinion..

But it never showed him. Andy could have been Andie dressed completely as a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back