Target Circle (formerly Target Red)

starmaster1000

Master NCR Torture Device Operator
Ahh, "Red," our cashier nightmare that replaced the "push a REDcard on every guest" and turned into confusion by Karens everywhere ("ew no I don't need another credit card!") is finally being rebranded.

Program is being expanded after being piloted in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex for the last year or so.

Guests get 1% from mostly every non-REDcard purchase to use later (loaded on a "gift card" on your Target app). Can't combine with RC, except sometimes they do promos where you can, and you get 1% back and still save the 5%, but otherwise it's one or the other.

Expanding to more cities as of Feb. 19.

The only thing people won't like is not being able to use both but Karen will find a way....
Lol I mean unfortunately we can't credit anything at the store level.

Surprisingly, even in a High-Karen-Volume yes-store, this has never been an issue.

@NKG one thing I have needed to explain was returned items that earn the 1%... If you return it, you lose the 1% of the item's value from your Target Circle credit.
And yes, if you already spent the virtual credit, your Circle balance will go negative.

I guess the only workaround would be a no-receipt return? But then you're only screwing yourself with that ID 12 month limit.

If we aren't in the zip code areas, can we join Circle going direct to the enroll page while still keeping it linked to our existing target.com account?
I'm not in one of the participating areas but I was able to join by scanning the barcode on my receipt. Only thing is I don't have all the features yet since it's not in my area. I think I had issues when I tried to signup via the target website

Are you talking about the barcode we use for returns? Or is there a second barcode coming up for Circle?

And when I try to use that link, it takes me to a "verify zip code" page.

Are you talking about the barcode we use for returns? Or is there a second barcode coming up for Circle?

And when I try to use that link, it takes me to a "verify zip code" page.
I believe it's the barcode fo returns. It's been awhile but I'm almost positive

Don't do this but imagine all the money you could make if you somehow got a list of all the receipt numbers on black friday and could input them all then buy something then quit.

Unless it was delayed the original timeline said early September

i think it's gonna be october now, because the september addendum has us spending an hour training each guest advocate on our loyalty offerings, including a Target Circle training that's gonna be released mid september

They input their phone number into the card reader screen and then agree to receive text messages ad nauseum.

Or they sign up using the wallet app.

POS was updated 2 weeks ago in Circle stores to force Guest to either tap "Enter phone number" or "Thanks not today" before transaction gets to Total screen. Or Guest can scan Wallet.

If Guest doesn't do this, an error appears on screen when you hit TOTAL and won't let you move forward. Guest must answer prompt. So annoying.

Back