Target Circle (formerly Target Red)

I hate that I can’t even press TOTAL. I’ve started pressing the button for them if they pull out cash or just tell them to put their phone number in or not, while I am scanning items. They still look at it dumbfounded.

So RedCard users will occasionally get offers to get the 1%? Are there other benefits that RedCard users will get?
Last year we did just that (1% plus the 5%) but it's not a to-be-expected promotion. Promotions are random.

If anyone has signed up for circle a long time ago but hasn't logged in can you go to Target Circle - https://circle.target.com/dashboard and when it does the little tour thing to copy the url of the bullseye pictures. (They are svg so you cant copy or save, only copy the url) There's like one of him with confetti and its cute and I accidentally skipped past them. :(

An update was made today for Circle members (probably in preparation for nationwide rollout).

Any earnings before 9/04/2019 (today) were put on an eGift Card in the Wallet. So all balances for everyone today are $0.00 in the Circle line item in the Wallet.

Circle earnings will now expire – there's no listed expiration date, so I'm guessing it's 1 year from the day earned (for example, if I earn $1.01 today from my $101.00 purchase, on 9/04/2020, $1.01 will be subtracted).

Some pics from my email and Wallet below.

C3D0BFB0-110C-464C-A974-34E217C20487.jpeg
44160BB2-0ADD-4797-B7BF-A9A4CE78DF9F.jpeg
834E7523-D267-490A-BFF4-D6B5D34BE5A6.png
DA8F3ED9-771B-4C3D-A817-1ED41DD89B4B.jpeg
C9F9A4A0-8FAE-4E44-8589-FD908FD31D50.jpeg

Interesting that the exclusions mentions REDcard discount, since I thought that Circle earnings were not accumulated if paying with RC.

It says in your screenshots that they will expire one year of no activity. Probably so they don't keep a gift card account open indefinitely for everyone who registers.

It says in your screenshots that they will expire one year of no activity. Probably so they don't keep a gift card account open indefinitely for everyone who registers.
True, though the Wallet screenshot says "redeemed or earned" so that may mean if I keep earning rewards toward Circle, I can indefinitely add? Kind of like American Airlines' frequent flyer miles, which only expire if I don't earn or redeem any in one year.

Target announced today that Circle will be rolling out nationwide as of October 6, 2019.
Target Circle’s Rolling Out Nationwide, Making Your Target Run Even More Rewarding for You AND Your Community - https://corporate.target.com/article/2019/09/target-circle-nationwide

Key points:
1. (most important) Cartwheel will be rebranded as "Target Circle Offers" but the core functionality and the way offers are saved (scan the barcode or browse the offers from the home screen and save them) and redeemed at checkout will not change!
1a. [edit] Guests will now need to be Circle members to use the Circle Offers (formerly Cartwheel offers)

2. The "birthday surprise" will always be a 5% off one shopping trip (in-store only) the week of your birthday (if you disclose it after signup completion) -- that's your actual birthday + 6 days after.

Once Target Circle goes nationwide October 6, Cartwheel will be renamed to "Target Circle Offers" and guests who want to continue using this program will need to join Circle to keep taking advantage of the offers.
Target Circle’s Rolling Out Nationwide, Making Your Target Run Even More Rewarding for You AND Your Community - https://corporate.target.com/article/2019/09/target-circle-nationwide

I do have a post about this on this other thread exclusively about Circle, but for visibility and discussion, opened this thread.

Target announced today that Circle will be rolling out nationwide as of October 6, 2019.

Key points:
1. (most important) Cartwheel will be rebranded as "Target Circle Offers" but the core functionality and the way offers are saved (scan the barcode or browse the offers from the home screen and save them) and redeemed at checkout will not change!
1a. [edit] Guests will now need to be Circle members to use the Circle Offers (formerly Cartwheel offers)

2. The "birthday surprise" will always be a 5% off one shopping trip (in-store only) the week of your birthday (if you disclose it after signup completion) -- that's your actual birthday + 6 days after.
That’s how they’ll get people to sign up. Target circle offers. That’s smart.

The guests still have to scan? Ugh....
lol so many guests come through my lane, "omg Cartwheel is too hard. Why isn't it like Walmart where you get all the discounts automatically?"
Uhm... well, probably because we're not Walmart... and Walmart didn't do that either, they compared your prices to competitors in the area and gave you the difference back on a gift card... and also... they don't even do that anymore, you literally get NOTHING from shopping there... except long lines and rude staff who hate their jobs even more so than I'm hating mine right now listening to you moan.

And also the point of Cartwheel is to get you to browse through unnecessary offers you don't actually need but that make you go, "oooh, 15% off bath towels with perpendicular stripes? I really need that!"

lol so many guests come through my lane, "omg Cartwheel is too hard. Why isn't it like Walmart where you get all the discounts automatically?"
Uhm... well, probably because we're not Walmart... and Walmart didn't do that either, they compared your prices to competitors in the area and gave you the difference back on a gift card... and also... they don't even do that anymore, you literally get NOTHING from shopping there... except long lines and rude staff who hate their jobs even more so than I'm hating mine right now listening to you moan.

And also the point of Cartwheel is to get you to browse through unnecessary offers you don't actually need but that make you go, "oooh, 15% off bath towels with perpendicular stripes? I really need that!"
Most deleted cartwheel after the perks went away. They like grocery store loyalty cards. Sign up, you get the discount once you scan your card.

Most deleted cartwheel after the perks went away. They like grocery store loyalty cards. Sign up, you get the discount once you scan your card.
Perks?
I joined the Target train in 2018 when Cartwheel was already in the Target app and the standalone Cartwheel was phased out.

What were the perks before?

Back