Target Circle (formerly Target Red)

Perks?
I joined the Target train in 2018 when Cartwheel was already in the Target app and the standalone Cartwheel was phased out.

What were the perks before?
There was a point system based off how often you used it. It was only a pilot the same way circle was in Dallas. It never went company wide. Also TMs would abuse it by scanning their cartwheel for guest that didn’t have a cartwheel and earning their points

There was a point system based off how often you used it. It was only a pilot the same way circle was in Dallas. It never went company wide. Also TMs would abuse it by scanning their cartwheel for guest that didn’t have a cartwheel and earning their points

lol this is probably why it's explicitly in the training and leader talking points for circle

"remember! team members must never benefit from a guest's transaction, including scanning guests receipts..."

lol this is probably why it's explicitly in the training and leader talking points for circle

"remember! team members must never benefit from a guest's transaction, including scanning guests receipts..."
I’m sure it definitely does. Its apart of the reason they added missed cartwheel button. Well that and the fact they were likely going to hit with an ageist suit requiring people to have a smart phone to get cartwheel discounts. It was funny because it was only being tested in select markets but you could just say you were in that select market and everything you buy online got points. I did the same thing with circle. I’ve had it for a while even though I’m not in a test market so I earn 1% on any online order I place but I mainly did it to get the target circle exclusive coupons

The pilot seemed to include a lot more than the current pilot. I had the cartwheel perks before as a TM and a little bit after starting and it was pretty cool. A lot of guest were sad/mad that the point system was going away.
So Circle will not get 1% if you use your RedCard correct?

Perks?
I joined the Target train in 2018 when Cartwheel was already in the Target app and the standalone Cartwheel was phased out.

What were the perks before?
The program gave free stuff for using cartwheel. If course, guests loved it. Once those were gone, a lot of our shoppers quit using cartwheel. The discounts weren't enough of an incentive to have to scan everything.

A rewards program that requires so much effort didn't go over well with most of our guests.

Makes too much sense and saves too much time and is something that is good for non-Karens' experience while taking away something that Karens can yell about, so of course Target won't pay for the programming.

Wouldn’t that be amazing if you could scan the receipt, press a K-key for missed cartwheel, scan their cartwheel and it automatically totals the difference they would have saved and let’s you refund it back to original method of payment. Omg 🤤🤤
My theory is they don’t have it because technically cartwheel can’t be applied to past purchases but of course we need to make it right.

The pilot seemed to include a lot more than the current pilot. I had the cartwheel perks before as a TM and a little bit after starting and it was pretty cool. A lot of guest were sad/mad that the point system was going away.
So Circle will not get 1% if you use your RedCard correct?
Correct. In fact, if you pay a $250.67 with a split tender/multiple payment of $150.00 on a REDcard and $100.67 with any other payment option, you won't earn your $1.00 or so onto the Circle 1% because a REDcard was used with the transaction.

Only way to get the 1% is to not use a REDcard at all.

I think Merchandise Return should also be excluded as it's technically not even your money but I digress...

I hate the way Target Circle holds up the checkout process. We have to nag guests about cards, circle, deals, imaginary coupons, other benefits.

Back