Target DC OT?

I'm applying to work for a Target DC, and am trying to find out what the OT opportunities are like. My goal is to work 50-60 hours per week consistently throughout the year. Would this be doable, is it easy to pick up that many shifts each week, or would I only receive OT during peak season?

No, that’s not realistic. With staffing how it is, you could maybe do that 1/4 of the year, the rest of the year is very spotty opportunity.

Ok thanks. Since the shifts are 10 hours in length, would I at least get overtime pay for working more than 8 hours, or would I be exempt from that since I'd be an alternate schedule (4 10s instead of 5 8s)?

With the over staffing at ours, youre lucky to get your full 40 or 36 every week. OT maybe when needs spike, but it’s rare to consistent work your full usual schedule. Average hours are low at our DC, so many we’re shocked at their holiday pay being no Where near their scheduled shift length.

Ok thanks. Since the shifts are 10 hours in length, would I at least get overtime pay for working more than 8 hours, or would I be exempt from that since I'd be an alternate schedule (4 10s instead of 5 8s)?
Doubtful. The only DCs are in California with an applicable law and Target is currently facing class action lawsuits over non payment of overtime pay

I am in California. I still wouldn't receive overtime over 8 hours?
As far as I understand you should. But some quick Googling brought up multiple class actions against Target for not paying out overtime at their distribution centers there so take that for what you will

Back