Archived Target electronics TM question??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know where to post this question, but I was just wondering if Electronics TMs are allowed to sell the trac phones after target mobile has left?

Our Mobile reps don't sell prepaid phones typically. Those are just considered standard target merchandise, sold by any cashier or electronics TM, can also be returned at the service desk unlike phones with contracts.

You can sell any of the prepaid phones at a regular register no problem. And don't be afraid to activate them for the guest if they ask! Even if you've never activated a phone all the companies make the process fool proof once you turn on the phone.

Mobile gets credit for the prepaid if they sell them, but you can definitely sell one yourself too. I wouldn't do the activation for them though, because if for some reason the activation doesn't go through, it's on you. If the guest asks you to activate it for them and you don't want to, just kindly remind them that it's best to fully charge the phone before using it.

Thank you so much for all of the advice! I saw a newer team member ringing some up earlier for a guest, I just wanted to make sure we defiantly could before I said something to him!

Mobile gets credit for the prepaid if they sell them, but you can definitely sell one yourself too. I wouldn't do the activation for them though, because if for some reason the activation doesn't go through, it's on you.
This right here. Officially, team members are not allowed to handle the personal belongings of guests including phones they might have just purchased. You also need to know too much personal information about guests in order to activate a phone in their name.

Leave that to Target Mobile to sort out (they get points if they activate a no-contract smartphone anyway!)

Us Electronics Team Members and our Mobile peeps all work together among things with prepaid phones. we know what helps them and don't and they always help us with anything including toys if they know we are busy and or shorthanded.

The guests at our store are very understanding with the whole no entering personal info. one day last week mobile had a line of people waiting for them to where they could help enter the info for the prepaid phones

Sure! I also have it downloaded on this here device so I can demonstrate for you here and hopefully answer any questions!:D
Then further your savings by using coupons & your target red card with an extra 5%. Don't have a red card, I can help you with that too:)

If a guest needs help, I'll stay with them at the boat and answer questions, but they call/handle the phone. Usually they're very happy to have some guidance, and I'm not getting all that personal info or touching their stuff.

I WILL help guests pry the backs off car remotes, etc, because guests usually don't come armed with a little screwdriver.

You can sell any of the prepaid phones at a regular register no problem. And don't be afraid to activate them for the guest if they ask! Even if you've never activated a phone all the companies make the process fool proof once you turn on the phone.
It does seem to be a vibing service. But never activate or top up a pre-paid, you are taking the chance of something go wrong or funds becoming invalidated and the TM (you) and the store will be liable.

It does seem to be a vibing service. But never activate or top up a pre-paid, you are taking the chance of something go wrong or funds becoming invalidated and the TM (you) and the store will be liable.
I guess that makes sense. I just don't really like turning away the guests when I know doing something like adding minutes onto a phone takes less than two minutes and is easy as hell just because target mobile may be on break or off for the night. I've personally never had a problem with doing any of those services myself, but I see your point. I might have to reconsider my approach there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back