Archived Target Forensics Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's kinda cool. I wonder if they are still part of the company?
That one of the reasons I like this board, I learn something new every day.
Thanks PoC.

What do you want to know about it? I know someone that used to work there.

Yes... Target has a Forensics Lab but the details about it are hush hush. Here's an interesting article (over 3 years old) about Target Forensics and their services for shoplifting to murder. http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/0421/102.html

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. I've seen similar articles in Red concerning AP help in solving cases such as this. I wasn't aware of the forensics lab, though.

What do you want to know about it? I know someone that used to work there.
I'd be curious to know how many of these labs are operated by Target. Is there one in all 50 states or perhaps more in some?

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. I've seen similar articles in Red concerning AP help in solving cases such as this. I wasn't aware of the forensics lab, though.

I'd be curious to know how many of these labs are operated by Target. Is there one in all 50 states or perhaps more in some?

There are 2, one in Minneapolis, MN and one in Las Vegas, NV.

I wonder if Target will ever go Hi Def on the security cameras in store.

I know some of the newer camera systems are networked to Corp. So they can pull video from most stores without travelling to the store.

They can also auto track guests. If a guest is in a electronics, it automatically alerts the AP to the guest. Rumor has it that the spider wraps can even be tracked.

Supposedly they have facial recognition for people that have been previously been caught for loss prevention.

Thats all probably for the newer, more metro, high volume stores though,

I know some of the newer camera systems are networked to Corp. So they can pull video from most stores without travelling to the store.

They can also auto track guests. If a guest is in a electronics, it automatically alerts the AP to the guest. Rumor has it that the spider wraps can even be tracked.

Supposedly they have facial recognition for people that have been previously been caught for loss prevention.

We frequently hear about virtual visits and the eye in the sky. It's usually during the unload that we get them. If its at other times we don't hear about it.

No facial recognition unfortunately. The amount of processing power that would require to have functioning in 1700+ stores would be ridiculous.

Spider wraps have a built in EAS tag to set off the alarm towers at the doors, but they can't be tracked.

We had a guest take a spider wrap & product home. He had came back & ask us to remove the wrap. No problem, he brought the receipt. Then, gstl had spoken to the cashier who was dumb as rock & said, I am suppose to take the wrap off?:facepalm: She didn't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back