Archived Target getting rid of older ETLs? Age discrimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for Target for 10 years and I wonder why all our old ETLs end up leaving and getting replaced with younger out of college people. Are they given severance to leave or they getting fired?

I say bring it on... it's the easiest job I've ever had.

Not my thing.

Carts are my life since FA vamoosed.

Asants All my etls have worked their way up. Average age is late 30's early 40's. All but 1 have young children. Don't think they can afford to quit or retire. I hope not anyway, we have a great team right now. Holding my breath!

My guess is that the older ETLs remember when Target used to be well-run, and now they have gotten fed up and quit. The only ETL over 40 at my store was fired, and that’s because he was clearly bad at his job and it was noticed by group leadership. Everyone else was young and either worked their way up or got hired straight out of college.

We have ETLs running from early-mid twenties to mid-late 40s (I would guess, I haven't asked).

All of our under 30 yo ETL's stay 1-3 years on average. The 30-45 yo have been at the store 3-5 years but I think they came from other Target's. The over 45 yo have been at my store for at least 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back