Archived target interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I just had my first interview today and thought it went well. It was short (10-15 minutes) and I felt really good afterwards. She said that the HR person wasn't working today and would be back tomorrow and that they would go thru my application and then the HR woman would follow up with a second interview. I left and around an hour later, I received the dreaded rejection email. I googled it and saw a bunch of other applicants from around the country, discuss how they received a rejection email and then got called back, a week or so later and were offered the second interview and eventually job. I also read that some of the emails are computer generated and automatically go out if a prompt was entered from the hiring side. I REALLY want this job. Should i consider it 100% that I didn't get the job or do I have an inkling of hope?

Sometimes applications drop into multiple stores. If one store is progressing you to a second interview the other stores have to reject you. This new interviewing/onboarding process is unnecessarily complicated and I do apologize for that!

At our store if we are interested we do the second interview right away, we only tell the rejected applicants “we’ll let you know”.
Also, a good interview lasts 30-45 minutes, I cut short the ones that I feel i’m Wasting my time on. Sorry. But....ASANTS (all stores are not the same), so who knows.

At our store if we are interested we do the second interview right away, we only tell the rejected applicants “we’ll let you know”.
Also, a good interview lasts 30-45 minutes, I cut short the ones that I feel i’m Wasting my time on. Sorry. But....ASANTS (all stores are not the same), so who knows.
I’ve had some good but short interviews. I’ve also told people I liked that Hr will be in touch because there truly wasn’t someone there to do a second.

If you really want this you have to be ok bad and the good. Mostly bad stuff. Also assert yourself tell them you want it.

At our store we always tell people HR will get the n touch them, always.

At our store we always tell people HR will get the n touch them, always.
Do you never do seconds the same day? We typically do firsts and if I like them I get my SD to do a second right after. If I don’t I’ll tell them “we have a lot of interviews to get through and HR will be in touch one way or the other”. But like I said there are times my SD isn’t there so I just them HR will be in touch.

Do you never do seconds the same day? We typically do firsts and if I like them I get my SD to do a second right after. If I don’t I’ll tell them “we have a lot of interviews to get through and HR will be in touch one way or the other”. But like I said there are times my SD isn’t there so I just them HR will be in touch.
Other tl in my store have to request a second . But when I hire for sfs or inbound , it’s just me making the decision. My sd says it’s gonna be your team so make the decision if you want it or not.

Other tl in my store have to request a second . But when I hire for sfs or inbound , it’s just me making the decision. My sd says it’s gonna be your team so make the decision if you want it or not.
My SD did that for seasonal this year. She said the same thing. You hire your own team and we’ll theyre seasonal anyway so easy to get rid of them

When she first saw me she, we shook hands and she said, "this is going to be quick, I only have 4 quick questions". Afterwards she said, our HR person isn't here today but she will be back tomorrow and then I'll review everything with her and she will call you the set up the second interview. Around 90 mins later, I received the rejection email. So I'm confused...did she not like me but if that was the case, wouldn't she just say something like, " thank you for applying but right now I don't feel like we have any positions right for you. Why go thru and explain the hr part of interview?

Lordy, mine was like 5 mins long with each lead. I can't imagine 45 minutes of what boils down to "Can you count to 12? How likely are you to punch Karen in the face?" 😂

OP, you could always call to make sure but otherwise you'll have to just wait and see if they contact you again. I know mistakes do happen and sometimes new hires ghost them so they revisit their hiring pool but there's no way for us here to know.

At my store if they told you to come back the next day for a second interview, you would get that second interview. You may or may not get the job depending on that interviewer, but the person who did your first interview had a positive view of you or they wouldn’t have scheduled the second interview. If they told you they had a lot of interviews to do and would call or e-mail you later, that was a ‘no”. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back