Archived Target liquor store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Philly, an Acme store just started selling beer/liquor in one of their South Philly stores. Wegman's (further out from the city) near the main line have sold stuff for awhile.

I'm waiting for Target to try and start... they could use Food Ave as a launching point for it. The Philly metro area is heavily saturated with Target stores (I have 3 within 15 minutes of me... total of 9 within a 30 minute drive).

I didn't know there were that many targets in Philly. I only knew of one (Columbus blvd) and it was a pain in the ass to get there if you didn't drive. TU used to do a bus trip there for the kids in dorms. I took public transport there one time and it sucked.

I wonder how the acme and wegmans got past the liquor laws though. I think the only think I was ever able to buy from someplace other than W&S or a distributor was 40s and loose beers

Yeah there's six in the city limits and two pretty much on the border plus at least eight more within 10 miles of the city. One town has two Targets about an eight of a mile down the same road, one built in the 90s and one in '09. It's how I get all my deals.

Whole Foods got around the law by having a section of liquor in the middle of the store with one way in and out and its own register. Forgot what kind of liquor though. Beer. Duh.

Last edited:
Here in Philly, an Acme store just started selling beer/liquor in one of their South Philly stores. Wegman's (further out from the city) near the main line have sold stuff for awhile.

I'm waiting for Target to try and start... they could use Food Ave as a launching point for it.

Food Ave?

I don't think those can ever sell alcohol, we sell wine and beer at our store, but it can't be purchased at the Food Ave register because it'd require a completely different license,

I'm waiting for Target to try and start... they could use Food Ave as a launching point for it.

Food Ave?

I don't think those can ever sell alcohol, we sell wine and beer at our store, but it can't be purchased at the Food Ave register because it'd require a completely different license,

You haven't heard about the new wine slushies?

There's....wine slushies?

Am I allowed to drink these on my break? :x

The way Acme and Wegman's gets around it is by having a cafe that serves food as a separate part of the store. When the cafe is open, they can sell alcohol only from the cafe.

Snap. 6 is a lot. Maybe I was ignorant (I really only traveled within like 2 septa tokens) and maybe one or two is newer. I've been back in jersey for almost 4 years now. But, I'm now seriously thinking about moving back and trying to transfer to one of those stores until I can find something in my field. I think there are more jobs there than here. Hmm.

I'm sorry, carry on with the liquor store conversation haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back