Archived Target Love triangles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if its just my store... but it seems as though there are multiple love triangles and just relationships going on EVERYWHERE! I'm pretty sure most of the store I work at are all either relatives of each other or friends with somebody who works in the store. I have talked to multiple random people and they always tell me that it seems impossible to get hired into target and then I thought about it and realized that everybody in our store had some sort of way in. It kinda fascinates me and makes me wonder if this is happening anywhere else?

Happens here too. It is funny, many a marriages have came from working together here. also job losses.

Its the nature of retail. I had an ETL (married) fired because he had relations with a TM (barely legal) in his office. I had another ETL take another job because he was starting to date a TM. TLs married to TLs. TMs married to TMs.

I suspected that one my ETL-HRs (married) was sleeping with the STL (married) because they were all buddy-buddy. The STL allowed the HR to not do any real work. All she did at the store was made crafts to decorate the breakroom. It was strange that both of the were transferred to different stores at the same time.

My personal policy never date the workplace. Dating/working together never mix well.

Its the nature of retail. I had an ETL (married) fired because he had relations with a TM (barely legal) in his office. I had another ETL take another job because he was starting to date a TM. TLs married to TLs. TMs married to TMs.

I suspected that one my ETL-HRs (married) was sleeping with the STL (married) because they were all buddy-buddy. The STL allowed the HR to not do any real work. All she did at the store was made crafts to decorate the breakroom. It was strange that both of the were transferred to different stores at the same time.

My personal policy never date the workplace. Dating/working together never mix well.

I never had anyone fired, but I can tell you that at one of my previous stores my married ETL-LOG was in a relationship with one of my backroom team members. It eventually got out, of course, and the entire backroom was taking about it.

Well that didn't sit well with the team member involved, so she told the ETL-LOG about it. The next night I came in to work and my LOG told me that he was transferring the entire backroom team to the flow team. I would have a totally new team starting that night and I had to train everyone from scratch!

What happened to the team member involved? She was promoted to a team lead within a month! Incredible that he got away with it! This time, for reasons that I will keep personal, I kept my mouth shut, however.

Last edited:
at my store there's a couple husband and wife pairs, there's been many a brother who worked with his brother(s)/sister(s) and I don't wanna give too much away, so I can't tell you who was etl, tl, tm, but suffice to say, there was like three generations of a family working in my store until someone had the sense to break that mess up!

Oh and in response to "incredible he got away with it"...yeah that's something I've learned. When Target specifically says that they don't tolerate something, often times they do infact tolerate it to a large degree, if it is a Manager who is guilty!!!

I've noticed a large rise in this for some reason. 3 years ago our store had maybe 1/2 situations and no one thought much. Now pretty much the whole sales floor is dating each other. My stores sales floor kinda reminds me of high school. Everyone knows each other, they all drink (and call out together). What ever happened to just working and going home? I know I shouldn't worry about other people or management's problems, but I would even go as far as saying that this is hurting some stores. Our sales floor loves to slack and hang out, when they can be doing....let's say pushing OUR pulls?! A friendly team can either work together and achieve a lot or just **** off.

our stl had a kid with our clerical person (and he's twice her age). it was quite the scandal.
our cart attendant knocked up our gstl. one of our etls got a divorce because of our new srtl.
no offense to any hus/wife teams, but i don't think i could come home and ask my significant other how their day was if they worked here. :paratrooper:

When I hear of these things at all these stores, and even in my store, I'm often left depressed, wondering "WHY DOES NO ONE WANT ME!?!?!!!??!?!??!??!" I mean, I like to think of myself as kinda attractive. And some of these other people are just....ugly and disgusting.

Then I think "I must be too attractive. Or people know it will get them nowhere"

Silly thoughts

When I hear of these things at all these stores, and even in my store, I'm often left depressed, wondering "WHY DOES NO ONE WANT ME!?!?!!!??!?!??!??!" I mean, I like to think of myself as kinda attractive. And some of these other people are just....ugly and disgusting.

Then I think "I must be too attractive. Or people know it will get them nowhere"

Silly thoughts

I must be one of those ugly people nobody wants!!

Who am I kidding? I've been dating the same girl for a year now. SOMEBODY wants me! <3

The only TM at my store who ever had interest in me was this one minor cashier. I said no because I already had a GF outside of Target (and she was really whiny and annoying).

Between romantic relationships and family relationships... my store is one big lovefest.

Yeah, my store has 2 or 3 married couples and several relationships, including one between a GSA and the Backroom Day TL........oops, I wasn't supposed to tell! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back