Target made me fill out this pledge paper ? What is this about ?

But what's the fine print on that giving fund? Who gets to benefit, who is automatically excluded? Why do they need TMs funding it instead of corporate funding it directly?

It's never quite passed the sniff test.

According to the site where you apply:
Overview:
The Target Team Member Giving Fund was created to help team members who are facing financial hardship due to a qualifying event. Qualified events include: Natural disasters, military deployment, fire or flooding impacting primary residence, serious illness or injury, victim of crime or domestic abuse, death.

Limits:
Application submissions are limited to a maximum of $2000 for the US and a minimum amount of $300 with the exception of a disaster event. All applications must be submitted within 90 days of an event and the team member must be employed at the time of the event.

Eligibility:
All team members employed by Target are eligible to participate in the Team Member Giving Fund. Note: seasonal team members, contractors and affiliates are not eligible.

I was pressured to do that as well. I can't spare any money. I was hired back when wage was $9.25 an hour. I couldn't afford to pay for a bag of chips out of their vending machines but they made me feel like I was garbage because I wasn't contributing to that fund.

Just say no.

In my experience with Target the managers come and go virtually on a monthly basis. Well, actually about every six months. There is no point to kissing up to them or giving money that you can't afford to give.

I was told everyone was required to fill it out... I checked no and circled it so I wont have any money taken away from me right ?

I just wanted to know why is Target doing this its shady as sin...

Does Target think its workers are all rich people ? .. I dont earn tons of money and I dont have any to give to charities.... as most of it goes to bills and paying for food/rent.
United way fundraiser has gone on every year for decades. It’s not shady. Just check no and move on with your life.

Can anyone help me cancel pledge? At my store we filled it out about two to three months ago, but now I going through some struggles of my own 🥺

When I found out our local U Way president drew a salary of $328k you can only use your imagination as to what The Captains reaction was when they came begging. Animal shelters, ASPCA, local church only. "Here, you have to sign this." My answer: NO.

According to the site where you apply:
Overview:
The Target Team Member Giving Fund was created to help team members who are facing financial hardship due to a qualifying event. Qualified events include: Natural disasters, military deployment, fire or flooding impacting primary residence, serious illness or injury, victim of crime or domestic abuse, death.

Limits:
Application submissions are limited to a maximum of $2000 for the US and a minimum amount of $300 with the exception of a disaster event. All applications must be submitted within 90 days of an event and the team member must be employed at the time of the event.

Eligibility:
All team members employed by Target are eligible to participate in the Team Member Giving Fund. Note: seasonal team members, contractors and affiliates are not eligible.
This really helps in an emergency. I personally got a grant from this fund after a natural disaster.

I filled out my form for the donation to go to a local charity, but my pay still says United Way on it. When I questioned HR, they told me not to worry-it’s going to the organization I chose.

When I found out our local U Way president drew a salary of $328k you can only use your imagination as to what The Captains reaction was when they came begging. Animal shelters, ASPCA, local church only. "Here, you have to sign this." My answer: NO.
Ditto here; I have a few local charities I donate to in lieu of UW.
Ironically, they were dropped from UW several years back because UW wanted groups whose focus was 'becoming self-sufficient' so that eliminated the local food bank, a senior meals service & the local shelter for domestic abuse victims.

Ditto here; I have a few local charities I donate to in lieu of UW.
Ironically, they were dropped from UW several years back because UW wanted groups whose focus was 'becoming self-sufficient' so that eliminated the local food bank, a senior meals service & the local shelter for domestic abuse victims.

Seriously, WTF, UW dropped a women's shelter because they wanted to focus on groups that made people "self-sufficient'.
Oh fuck you, UW.
Do they even understand the process involved with Maslow's Hierarchy of Need's?
Nobody is going to be self sufficient if they are constantly wondering where they are going to get their next meal or if they are going to beaten to death.
So fuck those guys.

United Way isn’t real popular here either. Years ago the employees at the place I worked before Spot had donated to them for years, and then a couple of them went to the United Way for help and were turned down. That news went through the store grapevine like wildfire and few wanted to donate after that...

Back