Target made me fill out this pledge paper ? What is this about ?

I was told everyone was required to fill it out... I checked no and circled it so I wont have any money taken away from me right ?

I just wanted to know why is Target doing this its shady as sin...

Does Target think its workers are all rich people ? .. I dont earn tons of money and I dont have any to give to charities.... as most of it goes to bills and paying for food/rent.

If you checked no, then there won't be any money taken from your paycheck. You can look at your paychecks to verify, it will have a line for the deduction if any is taken out.

I'm not sure what you think is shady about it though, it's completely optional if you want to give money. I imagine most other TMs have also said no.

i usually donate a lil jus cuz but im broke af rn

i did find it funny that they highlighted the parts i was supposed to fill out which included continuing my pledge lol

It's the annual giving drive thingy. Just say no and move on.

My day job used to do the United Way corporate giving campaign but thankfully scrapped it in favor of 100% matching on donations of our choice. I wish Spot would do the same.

IT's not for United Way anymore from what I understand. I think it's for the employee help fund? It wasn't really clear tbh. And you have the option of giving a little bit every paycheck, one lump amount or nothing at all.

Ah, good. I still do my own donations on my own time (and through my day job), but glad to see they ditched the United Way. I'm not sold on them, personally, so I've never done corporate giving in either my day job or at Target.

I've never actually read the pledge form beyond where the "no" box is.

I've heard the United Way doesn't care what you check, they give it evenly even to causes you don't agree with, even to causes you said not to give.

I remember when I worked at Kohl's they'd have a United Way rep come in and talk to us about the ways they use donations. At the time I was living on my own and my supervisor pay was only enough to cover all my monthly expenses with a measly $1 left over. I remember thinking what a joke it was having to sit through that presentation when I could easily be on the receiving end of those donations. Soured my perceptions ever since and have never donated.

Mrs. Captain is actively involved with our local church, we donate clothes, time, effort, assistance, cooking, etc and we know where the donations go with no administrative expenses. U Way ain't no charity, it's fucking money laundering to some extent. We had a really smooth talking bullshit artist from the U Way come to the Target on the planet Neptune to make a valiant attempt to drum up business. All lip service.

Saying no counts toward getting 100% response, even if it's not 100% with everyone contributing.

That said, I choose to have a small amount deducted each paycheck and it goes toward an organization doing some good things in my own neighborhood. Seriously, it's only a few bucks and I can go without the latte I could buy with it.

As others said all they are looking for is completion. Haven't taken a look at the form this year but in all years previously you were able to donate to a charity of your choice, one of them being the team member giving fund which is a fund that is for team members to request money for if they are going through financial hardship. I don't donate much myself but feel as though $1-$2 from each paycheck isn't a make it break it situation for me. If all 350,000 team members donated $2 from every paycheck that adds up to a bit over 18 million per year (350,000 team members * 26 pay cycles per year * $2).

But what's the fine print on that giving fund? Who gets to benefit, who is automatically excluded? Why do they need TMs funding it instead of corporate funding it directly?

It's never quite passed the sniff test.

But what's the fine print on that giving fund? Who gets to benefit, who is automatically excluded? Why do they need TMs funding it instead of corporate funding it directly?

It's never quite passed the sniff test.
Because it's a way for Target to benefit from the tax deductions from donating to charities, without actually needing to pay any of their own money.

Back