Once had a lady who's card wouldn't swipe. I was going to do the "plastic bag trick" to swipe her card. (cashier's know) She told me not to, because she didn't want her credit card number to get stuck in the bag.

Bitch, whadafuq????????

Saddly she outsmarted you. Sandwiching the thin bag material could leave an impression of the cards numbers on the plastic bag. Over protective, sure, but not entirely stupid.

Saddly she outsmarted you. Sandwiching the thin bag material could leave an impression of the cards numbers on the plastic bag. Over protective, sure, but not entirely stupid.

It's fucking retarded

The tightness of the bag would be around the magnetic stripe not on the raised numbers (if even there) that are on the opposite side 180 degrees. White bags do not even give out good impressions and even with black bags you need a uv light to pick up the boundaries of the impressions

White bags do not even give out good impressions and even with black bags you need a uv light to pick up the boundaries of the impressions
Sorry had too, gotta be wary of those tricky black bags...
Someone would have to be at the bottom of the barrel and have a base understanding of forensics science to try that.

Last edited:
Wow, you guys don't have a clue do you. Even the slightest imprint can be raised enough to read. Fingerprints anyone? Skrepo, that may be true for our readers depth of the slider, but she does not know that.

I don't even think you can use a plastic bag to swipe a credit card anymore -- mostly because we've almost entirely switched to EMV Chip. I think the only stragglers left, are the subprime credit card companies and some very antiquated Credit Unions.

6-A5-DB264-C483-4-BBE-B473-D3-D10-BEE12-C9.jpg

Drives me crazy that they can't just load those coupons to my CVS card. Especially when they're all for categories that I have never purchased at a CVS.....
Supposedly they can on the app. One CVS store made some signs that said to the effect "If you are tired of incredibly long receipts you can now use the app. Ask an employee for details"

Back