Archived Target Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealtd

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the Zebra.
Was looking to get more information on Target Mobile. Their hiring process, ect. I know it's a different company that Target works with.

Anyone who currently does Target Mobile or did in the past, could shed more light for me? PM would be appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks for the link. I've read that thread, but it didn't really tell me any more info than I already knew. Just looking into the possibility of being hired into a Mobile position and figured Target wouldn't be of much help since it's a different company. I considered asking my Mobile person, but we go through them often and since I work in a different work center, I don't really know them so felt it would be more practical to find information here.

Anyways, if anyone works for Marketsource or has, I'd appreciate a PM to pick your brain a little. Thanks!

One thing i know if to get hired by them you have to have a good relationship with target. So if you get fired from target then marketsource wont hire you. thats what the target mobile guy told me.

If you want to work for Target Mobile, make sure you get into a store with the E&E remodel. It doesn't look to promising for anyone wearing red and khaki working in electronics though.

Not entirely certain how all stores are handled but our mobile has always been hounded by cellular sales and protection plans. They also have their conference call process that usually lasts about an hour to an hour and a half.

Anyhow, if you have questions about mobiles routines and so on, please do post your questions up. Our store has had an unfortunately long and complicated relationship with them that has led to more knowledge on their practices than usual.

Speaking of the E&E remodel. Anyone have any more information on that? My bosses are pretending it doesn't exist and won't even acknowledge it as an actual thing.

My store is scheduled to get the E&E Remodel, along with self checkout, a home & furniture remodel (basically how seasonal is right now), and an exam room for the pharmacy in the 3rd quarter this year.

Our ETL let us know we were getting it back in February and started to ask for help setting it up.

I think the electronics team members will be fine. Looking at the video, that's what our store's electronics section looks like to begin with (opened in October) and we have TM's in Red.

Feel free to PM me any questions you may have or post them on here, and I'd be glad to answer for you. Generally speaking, there's a "6 month" grace period when you leave Target that Marketsource can't poach potentials, but it can be overlooked. I had personally been gone from Target for ~2 months, but my old etl and stl really wanted me to take the vacant position at their store so they allowed them to skip the entire process. It all comes down to the District Manager, but from what I've seen and heard if you get the blessing from your ETL and STL then there shouldn't be an issue transitioning

If you are part time Ive heard part time Mobile employees should receive no more than 20 hours a week. Guidelines set by marketsource, but not always followed

You apply through Marketsource. Cellphone, sales or cellphone sales background helps, as does a college degree.

Hourlong conference calls? Your district must really suck.

Maybe I'm lucky or good or both, but our quotas and requirements have never been an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back