Archived Target Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
Any news as to the new process/company? New layout/Pog? Signing? Anything? i know 4/7 is the last day which i beleive correlates with the electronics transition.

Just whispers.
The rep is says his last day is the 5th but I don't know if that's his choice or the companies.

All I know is that all of our reps are staying, they will now be more involved in prepaid mobile and AP will be involved in their key control/inventory. Nothing as far as planograms go, though.

Target now owns Target Mobile. But it will be ran by an outside company. Target Mobile team members have been offered jobs. I know two of ours are staying.

They are supposed to start selling prepaid and our accessories now. I don't remember the exact day we take over though.

So will they now be considered Target employees? Or are they employees of the outside company?

So will they now be considered Target employees? Or are they employees of the outside company?

Nope. They're still 3rd party.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/14/us-radioshack-target-idUSBRE90D18E20130114 said:
Target said Brightstar, a leading wireless distributor, and MarketSource, a sales and marketing services company, will take the place of RadioShack in April.

Contract phones are handled by logistics for delivery to store same as before more or less. The POG's are handled by our pog team now and yea key control by AP signed in and out daily. There was a few more items on the email I got about it but cant remember exactly.

I had a chat with one of our mobile guys last night and he's staying on with MarketSource (the company taking over). I was in a similar boat a few years ago with another company that wears red shirts and sells phones in some of their stores. My job got outsourced to another company and I stayed on with the other company. I just hope that MarketSource treats them right, unlike the company I worked for.

...and they are going to use our POS, so I guess they will have TM numbers use our registers.

...and they are going to use our POS, so I guess they will have TM numbers use our registers.

Ours did anyways, although now they will get new TM numbers, and yeah they get their TM discount cards taken away. Our mobile peeps are not too happy.

I, for one, am glad for these new changes! I just hope though that the phones themselves will stay cheap. I read that things will be a bit more Target Brand, such as no personal phone calls. There is this one dude who is ALWAYS on the phone. The other nice thing is that all their sales count towards the store sales. That will be nice!

I wonder, does the stipulation of having to wait 6 months after leaving Target/Mobile to work for the other side still stay in effect? Just curious.

I read over the stuff on workbench today. Taking away the discount seems really strange. Reading it a couple times I thought maybe that they just meant they took them from the current mobile TMs and will issue new ones once the transition has taken place? Just seems really weird that they would be taking on MORE target practices and getting less (discount).

I had a chat with one of our mobile guys last night and he's staying on with MarketSource (the company taking over). I was in a similar boat a few years ago with another company that wears red shirts and sells phones in some of their stores. My job got outsourced to another company and I stayed on with the other company. I just hope that MarketSource treats them right, unlike the company I worked for.

I really HATE Verizon as well.

I wonder, does the stipulation of having to wait 6 months after leaving Target/Mobile to work for the other side still stay in effect? Just curious.

Was that ever a thing? At my store, my STL and ETL went around the target mobile guys and offered them TM positions. We also had a TM join Target Mobile at a different store.

I'm not sure about the 6 month thing. I've heard plenty about it from both sides (I'm a Mobile Rep staying on). I know of a kiosk manager that is now at another store on the Target side. Not sure what position they took.

As far as the discount goes, no one in my district likes it, and none of the staff at the store can figure out why they took it. If we're going to have all that training, why take it? Supposedly MarketSource is coming to take the cards sometime next week. Not sure what the deal is with that.

I'm surprised to see how little info there is here for this transition. I was able to get and read all the info that was posted on Workbench last weekend. I like knowing what our DPCIs will be (Dept 255 for contract phones), what accessories we will be selling, and what our new, fancy acronym will be (CSP).

All in all I think the change will be a good thing, with better integration of the associates and better communications. RS was never that good at telling us what was going on, with our DM being a complete goober. The leadership in my store is really good and I look forward to the changes.

Im already about to smack the Mobile manager this morning. Why cant we just get rid of them -____-.

Hope everyones inventory goes better then mine.

Im already about to smack the Mobile manager this morning. Why cant we just get rid of them -____-.

Hope everyones inventory goes better then mine.
My target mobile manager doesn't know anything about the transition to the new company and I have no clue how inventory will go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back