Archived ...Target, Others Will Have Brutal Time Hiring 248,000 Santa's Helpers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right I get that, but the problem is Target is trying to fill 100k positions and there aren't going to be anywhere near 100k applicants. The best way to get more people in is to pay them more. Even a dollar or two dollars above what they're paying now. People want these jobs for money. Target needs their labor. This is a two-way street.

Eh our applicant flow isn't bad. For a retailer Target pays well (above minimum wage). As a regular job it doesn't pay great but that's expected

Right I get that, but the problem is Target is trying to fill 100k positions and there aren't going to be anywhere near 100k applicants. The best way to get more people in is to pay them more. Even a dollar or two dollars above what they're paying now. People want these jobs for money. Target needs their labor. This is a two-way street.
If they did decide to pay more, it would only be for the seasonals, and that would completely crush the morale and productivity of the regulars. My grocery store does that, particularly with the deli workers and it is incredibly demoralizing for them to have new hires come in making several dollars more than them (not including the signing bonuses).

If they did decide to pay more, it would only be for the seasonals, and that would completely crush the morale and productivity of the regulars. My grocery store does that, particularly with the deli workers and it is incredibly demoralizing for them to have new hires come in making several dollars more than them (not including the signing bonuses).

Happened the first time worked for Spot. I was in the last batch of hires before the seasonal hires were brought in. This was when the bump to $9/hr was a rumor. The seasonals were $9/hr and I was less than than $8

I say raise wages across the board. For both seasonals and regulars. But of course they wouldn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back