Archived Target Paying For Hotel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSpotTM

Target Enthusiast
Here's a scenario:

- I am at work.
- The weather starts getting bad (i.e. snow and ice).
- Home is about an hour away.

Could I get reimbursement on the hotel room expenses if I decided to stay in a hotel overnight because it would not be safe to drive back due to me being at work?

RedSpotTM

No you would not. But if you aren't old enough to get the hotel room, target (at least the one I work at) will vouch that you work there. They also might be able to get you a better rate, but that's it.

People have stayed over night at our store when the weather was to bad to leave.
I would rather take the chance of skidding off the road then staying at target overnight

I remember another member on here saying they had to stay overnight due to bad weather and they were paid for each hour there, working or not.

I'd definitely take it. Not sure where I'd sleep though, we don't have couches or cots, or beds, etc. I'd also have to worry about not sleeping more than 6 hours straight since I'd need to punch out for a meal to avoid compliance issues.

I would just sleep on the bean bag chairs over in domestics, throw them all in the aisle and sleep. Or I would possibly just curl up in my ETL HR's office and sleep on the floor in there. Idk why, but her office is so comfortable all the time... strange

I'd stack a couple of mattress toppers in the domestics aisle, grab a pillow & curl up with a comforter.

I'd open a outdoor tent. And throw a mattress topper inside. Grab a nice blanket, and pillow from Domestics. Although, being in AP, I'd go into my office, where I can turn the light off. I couldn't sleep with all those floor lights.

Requisition out some microwaveable dinners, maybe a bottle of wine, set up an air mattress near eletronics so you can watch TV...sounds like a party.

Target did pay for a hotel room for four of us at a Planorama in the middle of a big snow storm. But that was a few years ago when Target was a lot more generous in a lot of ways.

Bottom line is as team members WE have to look out for ourselves and each other. Spot sure as hell isn't going to do it . So, I say if the roads even start to look bad...you tell them you have to leave as you live an hour away. I live 30 min away from my store and have done this several times. One time the etl told me that if I felt I really needed to go then go....but he didn't advise it . I then asked him if he was telling me there would be back lash if I went...he said oh no of course not we are not that heartless ( yeah right) I will also add that its bad enough that elts. stls. tls run down tms when they call out for weather related reasons...I just wish tms wouldn't jump on the bandwagon as well. united we stand divided we fall

Last edited:
Planorama is really the only time I've seen it done. I know I went on a planorama a few years back 3 hours away and was paid for my drive time, gas, food and hotel room. And all of it was overtime. Aww that was a nice check.

Recently as this year there were a few people at a planorama at a store near me. They received hotel and all the above. So yea it happens.

Here's a scenario:

- I am at work.
- The weather starts getting bad (i.e. snow and ice).
- Home is about an hour away.

Could I get reimbursement on the hotel room expenses if I decided to stay in a hotel overnight because it would not be safe to drive back due to me being at work?

RedSpotTM
Unless you are travelling on company business and more than 1-2 hours (or some distance) from your designated store, then they will not pay for lodging.

Here is some advice if you are in a bad weather area, make friends with people that live very close to your store. Or budget an emergency lodging budget.

If you live in a big city, hostels will be your best friend in this type of situation. Or Priceline any old motel room for a deep discount.

I'd open a outdoor tent. And throw a mattress topper inside. Grab a nice blanket, and pillow from Domestics. Although, being in AP, I'd go into my office, where I can turn the light off. I couldn't sleep with all those floor lights.
Requisition out some microwaveable dinners, maybe a bottle of wine, set up an air mattress near eletronics so you can watch TV...sounds like a party.

1ZCQn0P.jpg

It's been done ;) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back