Target Phone

What would you do differently if you could change something about the Target phone system?

I would like it if:
1) move the playstation online only message under the electronics department before ringing the department instead of having all guests listen to it
2) move pharmacy under the department list and call it CVS
3) create more options for guest services like adding a way for a guest to be redirected to target.com if they have an issue with an order they placed instead of directing it to the store

Not sure why it's set up that if you want to park a call on 2280, you hit transfer 2180 and not 2280. TM think it's transfer 2280 so when someone picks up no ones there.

Last edited:
What would you do differently if you could change something about the Target phone system?

I would like it if:
1) move the playstation online only message under the electronics department before ringing the department instead of having all guests listen to it
3) create more options for guest services like adding a way for a guest to be redirected to target.com if they have an issue with an order they placed instead of directing it to the store
OB-B2 call in line answering machine is an OM no longer at our location. Can someone on B2 update it plz

Too much talking and too many numbers before anyone connects to an actual person so most calls go to either electronics or guest service. Options: "Thank you for calling the (your store) Target. For "Grocery. press 1", "Electronics, press 2", "Guest Service, press 3", "All Other Departments or questions, press 4" I know HR isn't here, but they aren't staffed all day and the calls go to GS anyhow.

Last edited:
Bring back the ability to log into multiple departments. Now everything is tied into myDay so you only get calls based on what you’re logged in to. As a leader the only thing I get automatically logged into is “Leader”. Not an issue but most of our team doesn’t hit 9 to get to an LOD they use the numbered options (hell I only just realized the silent option recently).

I work at a small format store, and even when the team members are logged in to phones it’s a crapshoot as to which ones ACTUALLY ring (because we don’t have DBOs the team tends to log into all departments). And to complicate issues more our zebra screens black out when the phones are active disabling the user interface and causing Us to have to reboot the device. Not sure if that’s just OUR devices but it’s annoying. The other issue is we don’t have anyone in the office all the time so when the phones go to the main lines no one is there to answer.

Too much talking and too many numbers before anyone connects to an actual person so most calls go to either electronics or guest service. Options: "Thank you for calling the (your store) Target. For "Grocery. press 1", "Electronics, press 2", "Guest Service, press 3", "All Other Departments or questions, press 4" I know HR isn't here, but they aren't staffed all day and the calls go to GS anyhow.
It is a long list for people to listen to. I like how CVS has theirs where it asks you to describe what you need without pressing buttons and if you have trouble then it gives you a list.

Bring back the ability to log into multiple departments. Now everything is tied into myDay so you only get calls based on what you’re logged in to. As a leader the only thing I get automatically logged into is “Leader”. Not an issue but most of our team doesn’t hit 9 to get to an LOD they use the numbered options (hell I only just realized the silent option recently).

I work at a small format store, and even when the team members are logged in to phones it’s a crapshoot as to which ones ACTUALLY ring (because we don’t have DBOs the team tends to log into all departments). And to complicate issues more our zebra screens black out when the phones are active disabling the user interface and causing Us to have to reboot the device. Not sure if that’s just OUR devices but it’s annoying. The other issue is we don’t have anyone in the office all the time so when the phones go to the main lines no one is there to answer.
Make sure the device number stickers are not covering the sensors on the top of the device. The zebra thinks you have the phone next to your face so it blanks the screen so you don't face click a button.

That's a annoying bug I've yet to fix my self besides just grabbing new equipment

I would like it if:
You can transfer a call to any number by pressing transfer then 9 before the number and pressing transfer I think. Just call your store from a device and try transferring it to your phone.

You can transfer a call to any number by pressing transfer then 9 before the number and pressing transfer I think. Just call your store from a device and try transferring it to your phone.
You can, I sometimes transfer calls to my personal phone if I can't hear them or they can't hear me when I'm on the floor. You can also transfer to speed dial numbers so if you need a different store you can dial 20 and then the store number.

if you need a different store you can dial 20 and then the store number.
Wish this was in the contacts section.

While we're at it. How does one add a Dept to the phone app? We just got optical their extension isn't shown on our contacts app.

move the playstation online only message under the electronics department before ringing the department instead of having all guests listen to it
For bilingual (EN/ES) stores, the PS5 message plays in both languages in English.
Example:
“Thank you for calling the ____ Super Target store! Para continuar en español oprima el siete (7)…”
(Presses nothing for English)…
“The new PlayStation console… yada-yada…”
(brief pause)
Las nuevas consolas de videojuegos PlayStation… yada-yada-pero-en-español…”

“For store hours and location, press 1! To reach a specific department, press 2…”

Come on!!!!!

For bilingual (EN/ES) stores, the PS5 message plays in both languages in English.
Example:
“Thank you for calling the ____ Super Target store! Para continuar en español oprima el siete (7)…”
(Presses nothing for English)…
“The new PlayStation console… yada-yada…”
(brief pause)
Las nuevas consolas de videojuegos PlayStation… yada-yada-pero-en-español…”

“For store hours and location, press 1! To reach a specific department, press 2…”

Come on!!!!!
lol I don't even wait for the target lady to finish even saying "Hi!" before hitting my extension lol

No one's going to bring up the lovely wcfwhatever error that effectively ends the call when you pick up?

You can, I sometimes transfer calls to my personal phone if I can't hear them or they can't hear me when I'm on the floor. You can also transfer to speed dial numbers so if you need a different store you can dial 20 and then the store number.

Wait. You can speed dial other stores???

Back