Archived Target Red DEBIT card question

Status
Not open for further replies.
question from a customer: when will the Red Debit card limit reset? she used it over the weekend and called customer service line, was told that she can't use total over $100 until history gets established and that $100 limit may get removed / increased later.

and today money got taken from her checking account already. can she start using the Red Debit card again?

I know that they'll sometimes limit how many times you can use it per day, but I've never seen them set a limit to how much you can spend. It typically takes 3-4 days for them to take the money from your bank account anyway.

I know the credit card has limits as does any credit card, but I haven't heard of this happening with the debit version, I thought it was solely based on what was in your bank account, and if you didn't have the money in there when they took out what you spent, you got a late fee + your bank's overdraft fee. I recently got another debit card after over a year of not having one and was able to spend over $100 on it right away. That's interesting.

yeah the rep on the phone told that the customer got capped at $100 as her account is pretty new and she can't make any more purchases with the RED Debit card but now money already got taken out of her checking account - is that mean she can use again?

When I got my red card debit card, yeah, I had a limit. I don't know how much but they did say I have to have history established first. I was trying to buy an ipad. I used it later on with small purchases like food for lunches. Now I am able to use it with no limits.

I think you can use it again after they have withdrawn the amount you're due and it is reflected in your bank statements. I would use mine as long as the amount is already reflected on my bank account.

I've always assumed my debit RC was limited to the funds in my checking account.

there is no way to know the balance on your account - because this is done via ACH... just like a check writing.

Same as Shiro. I initially had a limit, and 100 sounds about right. I don't remember ever being notified that no limit was removed, but I have never had a problem using it for a larger purchase.

I was able to make a $350 purchase when I signed up for mine. I have seen several limits on Target debit cards. I also had guests sign up with a $750 purchase and were able to use it right away.

I would imagine it depends on the credit check they do when you sign up. Better credit and/or length of account history probably has a higher limit to start with.

I don't recall having a limit on mine when I got it, but that was awhile ago.

I would imagine it depends on the credit check they do when you sign up. Better credit and/or length of account history probably has a higher limit to start with.

I don't recall having a limit on mine when I got it, but that was awhile ago.

That could be it. I didn't have Red Card Credit Card and I just started on my credit history in those days.

I was in my thirties, owned a house, etc. so plenty of history there and clean credit. They put what you'd pay for a TV with the 5% discount on them, so I would assume many folks with established credit histories probably can get at least a few hundred on their first purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back