Archived Target Remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.
2z5pr7n.jpg

Lurker here. Anyone know more about this?

How in the hell does it make sense to have a best buy mobile, when spot also has an electronics department? Sephora as well as a spot HBA department? That can't be real, HBA and Softlines have a huge mark up and make major profits... I don't think they'd like to share that with Sephora or Victoria's Secret. Ha I have to call bs ;)

Geek squad didn't go through. Spot went for the Mobile, instead. I wonder where this spot is.?

I don't think any Target store has a CVS yet. So... I'm guessing, this is a store not yet remodeled. But, the other stores make no since at all... Even by Target standards.

I don't think any Target store has a CVS yet. So... I'm guessing, this is a store not yet remodeled. But, the other stores make no since at all... Even by Target standards.
I did ask the pharmacy folks about the change. They said it should be happening in November.

I did ask the pharmacy folks about the change. They said it should be happening in November.
We've heard later than that, but who knows???

AFA all of these "stores within a store," I don't believe it. First of all, Sephora already has a contract with JCPenney for this & I can't see JCP allowing them to branch out further. VS also wouldn't do this, Best Buy/Chase? Possible, but not likely.

The Freshii by the restroom would be true. On #TargetScoop they are replacing Target Cafe with Freshii for healthier choice foods in a few stores.

The Freshii by the restroom would be true. On #TargetScoop they are replacing Target Cafe with Freshii for healthier choice foods in a few stores.

One store around me just doesn't have a food ave, its big Sbux. Double the size of ours, we need one that size for the amount of customers they get. Remodel their food ave - poof gone.

This is a terrible lay out altogether. Hosiery and accessories next to men's wear, shoes in front of check outs, MMB within feet of the door, optical free floating in the middle of the store-less realistic to have a dr. room, jewellery way off on the right distanced from all soft lines, in particular accessories… Also, two door stores are becoming less common, as retailers are working to streamline traffic through more shopping and away from convenience.

Not saying it's impossible, it's just very poorly laid out. I don't think it's in any way real in any case.

Also, two door stores are becoming less common

There's hundreds of Former - Greatlands & Super Target's with double doors, by the way. Thing about this store is, I've never seen a Former GreatLand... this big before. I mean... I'm not sure, how all of that would exactly fit in. I'm pretty doubtful, about the authenticity of the picture myself, but.. some of it, is semi-plausible. Although, for all of our sakes, I hope it isn't real.

I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this posted as a joke before. Either in the CVS thread or on reddit.

There's hundreds of Former - Greatlands & Super Target's with double doors, by the way. Thing about this store is, I've never seen a Former GreatLand... this big before. I mean... I'm not sure, how all of that would exactly fit in. I'm pretty doubtful, about the authenticity of the picture myself, but.. some of it, is semi-plausible. Although, for all of our sakes, I hope it isn't real.
I can see it fitting properly in the former Greatland I work at. But it is definitely depicting a SuperTarget because it has things like a Deli and fresh bakery in the corner.

MMB is right next to the doors at my store :D
Yep, same here.

Two door Targets are some of the worst designs from a security standpoint. Makes things a lot more difficult approaching apprehensions when you have no idea which door they will use. Having electronics and entertainment by the front door almost dares people to do grab and runs.

This is a super layout (the deli) but I know former greatlands stores not only had electronics/entertainment by one door but also have the pharmacy area (think razors, crest white strips) by the other doors. For stores with light AP coverage they become booster heaven.

Two door Targets are some of the worst designs from a security standpoint. Makes things a lot more difficult approaching apprehensions when you have no idea which door they will use. Having electronics and entertainment by the front door almost dares people to do grab and runs.

This is a super layout (the deli) but I know former greatlands stores not only had electronics/entertainment by one door but also have the pharmacy area (think razors, crest white strips) by the other doors. For stores with light AP coverage they become booster heaven.

You don't know how correct you are. :)

I haven't seen a Greatland or Super Target, to be honest. I don't doubt some of this (as it looks kinda like a Super Walmart), but it is still poorly laid out.

Double entry doors were a huge thing for a number of years a while back. The Appeal of "I can use this entrance to get my groceries or that entrance for my department store shopping" was a large focus for retailers a while back, but in more recent years it's been scaled back with more places dropping new prototype stores into having more streamlined shopping.

As On6 pointed out, this is another very good reason;

And some businesses will focus on having their outlets in there. The bank branch, a salon, the return desk, babysitting room, things that are less likely to be terrible shrink areas in the span across the front beyond the registers between the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back