Archived Target rolling out Caroline's Cart to its stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget that not every handicap is visible. Just because a person can "ambulate" for 5 or 10 minutes doesn't mean their hearts or bodies are strong enough to handle a shopping excursion without great pain or maybe worse.

And morbidly obese guests are much better off getting out of the house & doing the best they can instead of shutting themselves away & giving up all hope of having any kind of life.
Don't feed the troll

Next, it'll be saying being fat is a disease.

Next, it'll be saying being fat is a disease.

It can be caused by disease.
Classical endocrine diseases causing obesity.
Obesity is associated with several endocrine diseases, including common ones such ashypothyroidism and polycystic ovarian syndrome to rare ones such as Cushing's syndrome, central hypothyroidism and hypothalamic disorders.
So unless you know what that person is dealing with don't judge.

My dad will be happy to be able to come in and pick out his own clothes again. He may look healthy to most people, but he can't walk terribly far or stand for a long time because doctors had to remove half his left calf to get rid of a giant cancerous tumor just before Thanksgiving. This will make a world of difference for him!

So unless you know what that person is dealing with don't judge
I bet a nickle you are obese.

Which is, you know, cool.

All you need is a self-powered cart...

Enjoy your free ride @ Spot!

Buy! Then,

Buy Moar!

Last edited:
Directions...

So constrictive...

I'll back off.

I get @Kartman point but can't really generalize it since there are alot of illnesses and diseases that make people over weight so it's hard to know if it's lazy or an actual disability. I have seen alot of people who are overweight use them but then get up in the aisle and walk around. So I dunno. Hard to judge it. Never had a situation though we're someone was using it and someone who couldn't walk was unable to get one though.

Maybe Kartman means "phat." You know, like how the kids say.

Great idea! This will help a few guests I know a lot! As long as asshole teenagers with nothing better to do don't play with them it will be good!

There are obese people who have diseases BUT there are still a LOT of people who get fat from overeating and not working out. People who don't take care of themselves.

And I don't completely buy into the whole binge eating thing. Can someone say they failed their classes from binge watching Netflix?

Last edited:
Guys, can we NOT turn this into a fat-bashing thread AGAIN?!
Normally, thread derailment is almost expected around here but this one will end up locking up what could be a beneficial thread.
@Kartman: You don't like 'fatties' using your electric carts.
You're all buff & these people don't have any self-control, don't deserve any respect or compassion, bla bla bla.
We GOT it.
Now let it go.

There are obese people who have diseases BUT there are still a LOT of people who get fat from overeating and not working out. People who don't take care of themselves.

And I don't completely buy into the whole binge eating thing. Can someone say they failed their classes from binge watching Netflix?
Binge eating disorder is a psychiatric illness that is recognized by the DSM-5. So whether you buy into it or not, it is an actual illness. It can be treated with medication and therapy. I'm not speaking as someone that has it either :)

Binge eating disorder is a psychiatric illness that is recognized by the DSM-5. So whether you buy into it or not, it is an actual illness. It can be treated with medication and therapy. I'm not speaking as someone that has it either :)
I'm overweight and I eat a lot of crap. I just don't like making excuses. I'm not addicted to junk food, I just think it tastes good and I enjoy eating it. I gotta put in effort to change that, but I don't think it's a psychological thing.

I'm overweight and I eat a lot of crap. I just don't like making excuses. I'm not addicted to junk food, I just think it tastes good and I enjoy eating it. I gotta put in effort to change that, but I don't think it's a psychological thing.
I definitely wasn't saying that all obesity is caused by binge eating disorder, just that it's an actual illness. There are people that aren't overweight that have it too, like Monica Seles.

It is an illness, @dannyy315 . @Txcpht. Is right.
Been diagnosed, been on meds for it. Not a fun time. In the past few years, I've gone between being so big I cant fit a normal sized towel around me and being so small my doctor told me to gain weight or my health was in jeopardy.
Its a battle, every day. It's difficult, and it'll never go away. Just bc you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I haven't seen these yet, and I'm curious on scale; for those that have seen it, how big is the kid in the photo, by your guess?

He looks like he could be young enough to be very small, which would restrict this cart to relative few, but I can't imagine that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back