Archived Target security officer fired after reporting shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot that we also have Walmart Supercenters. I also think the fact is that Target still has the upscale image that Walmart doesn't thus people think our food costs more. Anyway Target's prices suck on most items compared to ShopRite, in my opinion, although maybe I'm saying that cause my dad's been with corporate SR since the 70s.

Plus in places like Jersey where local produce is highly prized and even Walmart carries Jersey tomatoes etc.
Target still won't budge on getting all the their stuff from certain sources.

They would probably do a lot better in their produce department if they actually cared about produce.

Plus in places like Jersey where local produce is highly prized and even Walmart carries Jersey tomatoes etc.
Target still won't budge on getting all the their stuff from certain sources.

They would probably do a lot better in their produce department if they actually cared about produce.
THIS^^^^^^^^^ so much

Another note on this case is the extremely LOW-DOLLAR amount of (potential) theft. Obviously Target is embarrassed. Low dollar theft cases do not typically get filed. But again, it was a reoccurring subject so it makes sense that it was forwarded to LE. As typical with stores and their community, AP has a great relationship with the PD. An officer probably stopped by, and asked what AP had going on and this APS filled him in on what he was working on. It's not uncommon. But Target had no merits to fire him on the spot (no pun intended) for his actions. It's 100% common practice and understood. He did not violate directives in any way.

PLUS on top of ALL that.. the article basically says his ETL-AP notified LE and the APS went and filed the report... If his ETL-AP isn't his supervisor, then who the hell is???!?! Even more outrageous is the fact that once you're CERTIFIED to make apprehensions (APS, SR.TPS, IS', ETL-AP, ect.), YOU DO NOT NEED APPROVAL FROM ANYBODY TO MAKE THE APPREHENSIONS. THEY CERTIFIED YOU! THEY SIGNED YOU OFF AS BEING COMPETENT ENOUGH TO MAKE THE RIGHT CALL. After 8 years of AP, this APS knows his limits well enough and 100% followed protocol. Even after the embarrassment, all this man asked was to be reinstated after a wrongful termination. Shame on Target. Clearly they are covering for an INCOMPETENT etl-ap (who would guess that fresh out of college etl's have no idea what they're doing?? lol) I hope this really bites Target in the rear!! For Shame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back