Archived Target Site to store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is really not as bad as everyone makes it seem. Yes as with everything new their will be some trial and error but they made the process simple. They also did not include groceries & hba is not included(because of bad locations/counts). Supposedly because the payment is actually done in store we will get the sales so thats a good thing for everyone complaining about hours. The only thing I agree with is the bad timeing, it should of been rolled out sooner to give more time before fourth quarter to work out thhe kinks in each stores process.

The payment is done online. The guest will get a confirmation email twice when pd & ready to go. They will go to gs, show their id & pickup items, after being checked in the spot my go app on the gs iPad. Then another email after pickup.

I'm worried because, depending on popularity, it's going to add so much more to my workload, which is already close to its limit (until we actually hire some more people). On busier days, the CAFs are taking me 50 minutes or so to pull, anyway. Then, while I'm trying to get those done, I get a call to grab a FF batch. I have to drop what I'm doing, log out of RFA and into MyFA, (because there's an hour time limit on them and they take precedence), run around the stockroom to grab whatever's back there, then out to the sales floor. Now, if the experience of using the risers to store toys during the fourth quarter is any indication, I will be swarmed by guests as soon as I walk out the doors. Then, I get to run around out there, trying to find where the rest of the stuff is while PROVIDING GREAT VIBETASTIC GUEST SERVICE! Then, up to Guest Service, which is at the opposite end of the store from the backroom. Then, back to the backroom, as fast as I can, praying nobody stops me on the way.

What I'm saying is, this thing better not be used until we can have more than one backroom dayside TM scheduled on the weekends...

I'm worried because, depending on popularity, it's going to add so much more to my workload, which is already close to its limit (until we actually hire some more people). On busier days, the CAFs are taking me 50 minutes or so to pull, anyway. Then, while I'm trying to get those done, I get a call to grab a FF batch. I have to drop what I'm doing, log out of RFA and into MyFA, (because there's an hour time limit on them and they take precedence), run around the stockroom to grab whatever's back there, then out to the sales floor. Now, if the experience of using the risers to store toys during the fourth quarter is any indication, I will be swarmed by guests as soon as I walk out the doors. Then, I get to run around out there, trying to find where the rest of the stuff is while PROVIDING GREAT VIBETASTIC GUEST SERVICE! Then, up to Guest Service, which is at the opposite end of the store from the backroom. Then, back to the backroom, as fast as I can, praying nobody stops me on the way.

What I'm saying is, this thing better not be used until we can have more than one backroom dayside TM scheduled on the weekends...

Theres suppose to be an actual Team Member dedicated for FF.

I've done all the training, got as much info from my trainers as possible, but I need clarification on one thing: will the guest be alerted BEFORE they come to the store if it turns out we don't have the item(s) in stock? If not, as a guest, I'd be pretty upset if what I'm expecting to pick up isn't available after I was given the option to do so...

Question is this being rolled out in every single Target store, or just a select number? I personally haven't heard anything specific about it in awhile.

I feel like there are some onesies that have different sizes but the same DPCIs. Not to mention all the stuff that comes in different colors.

Assorted items in general are going to be a pain. Think action figures and dolls. Anything really where multiple similar items are tied to the same dpci. Either target has to let those be unavailable for store pickup, or they're going to have to give you the sku to look for. I'd imagine they're just unavailable.

You dayside/closers need to get substantial from the sales floor tl/etl at night. Their is no way you guys can be asked to do more. Between the caf pulls, huge price change batches, plano batches, setting up the line and cleaning up the backroom you have more than enough. Needs to be some sort of handoff from backroom to sales floor when the backroom doesn't have the item that the request is for. No way caf pulls and these get done without help.

Theres suppose to be an actual Team Member dedicated for FF.

I wish :( Maybe it depends on store volume? At ours, whoever has an LPDA is going to get an alert, then call the backroom, who has to pull the stuff from the backroom and the salesfloor (per our FF training, which I got on Friday), then run it up to guest service.

missionimpossible said:
You dayside/closers need to get substantial from the sales floor tl/etl at night. Their is no way you guys can be asked to do more. Between the caf pulls, huge price change batches, plano batches, setting up the line and cleaning up the backroom you have more than enough. Needs to be some sort of handoff from backroom to sales floor when the backroom doesn't have the item that the request is for. No way caf pulls and these get done without help.

Yeah, we might, MIGHT be able to pull whatever is in the backroom in time, but the salesfloor locations? Taking it up to guest service and back? Hell no. I was alone in the backroom from 12:30 - 5:30 today (they forgot to schedule a closer *sigh* and by that I mean they forgot to schedule me as a closer, since it's just me), pulls were taking all hour, every hour. I really hope we can get some backup for this or it's going to be a hot mess.

I hope whoever has to do it gets pictures. A lot of the time, you can't tell what something is from the PDA description.

This feature was thought ahead of time in the early stage of the POC. The pictures are actually loaded from Target.com onto the PDA with a separate button press.

On a side note, prototype numbers were taken into consideration, stores should have received by now additional O'Neil printers, several LPDA's and PDA's to help offset the need of additional devices that will be brought into service from the added workload. The 53 stores in Minnesota were also swapped out from the iPad 4's to iPad minis and "mounted" up front at Guest Services with the rest of the stores in the company.

I don't think is going to work well for our store at all. I don't see why people can't come into the store and do their own shopping? I guess if you want something put on hold, but no one should have to run around and pick up your shopping list for you.Should be interesting.

I don't think is going to work well for our store at all. I don't see why people can't come into the store and do their own shopping? I guess if you want something put on hold, but no one should have to run around and pick up your shopping list for you.Should be interesting.

I think site to store is where you order something online at Target.com that isn't carried in a store, and it is shipped to a store of your choice. When it gets to the store, you go pick it up.

What you describe, where you order a cart full of in-store stuff and someone goes around the store picking it up for you and then you go in and just pick it up, would indeed be horrible.

I think site to store is where you order something online at Target.com that isn't carried in a store, and it is shipped to a store of your choice. When it gets to the store, you go pick it up.

What you describe, where you order a cart full of in-store stuff and someone goes around the store picking it up for you and then you go in and just pick it up, would indeed be horrible.

Um....that's what this felxible fulfillment rollout is all about. If you read some of the press releases and news stories, Target refers to it as BOPS...Buy Online, Pick up in Store. Site to store would indeed include shipping items to stores for specific guests. But what we're doing is basically being personal shoppers.

Assorted items in general are going to be a pain. Think action figures and dolls. Anything really where multiple similar items are tied to the same dpci. Either target has to let those be unavailable for store pickup, or they're going to have to give you the sku to look for. I'd imagine they're just unavailable.

A couple of our guys checked some action figures, Barbies, and Monster High Dolls. None were available for pickup.

I don't see why people can't come into the store and do their own shopping? I guess if you want something put on hold, but no one should have to run around and pick up your shopping list for you.Should be interesting.

It's because we don't want to lol. Some of us are lazy, some of us hate shopping, shopping is an anxiety trigger for some of us. Some of us want online shopping, but without waiting a week for it to arrive or paying for shipping. It also helps with sticking to the list since you don't have to walk the whole store looking for that one thing. It also might help with keeping the lines short. I'd rather do someone's shopping than go up for effing backup. Actually, I've done people's shopping. They come in with a list and I get them all the things.

I've done this from inside the store at Best Buy because the app said they had it, but it wasn't on the shelf. I didn't want to be a bother. I could see this being a problem for CDs, since those are so hard to find. I wonder if guests will still be able to price match when doing this?

Is this rollout being delayed for everyone? We've been delayed twice now.

About Price Match, we CAN price match FF items, there's an option to change the item price before processing the payment.

I've done all the training, got as much info from my trainers as possible, but I need clarification on one thing: will the guest be alerted BEFORE they come to the store if it turns out we don't have the item(s) in stock? If not, as a guest, I'd be pretty upset if what I'm expecting to pick up isn't available after I was given the option to do so...

We have a photo lab and guests often come to the store to pick--up their pictures based on the "suggested pick-up time." The guest is supposed to call to confirm the order is ready, but they often don't. My guess is that many guests will place their order and then come in when they are ready....not when the store is ready.

If Spot really wants to get RedCards, then they ought to allow the in-store shopping to be done ONLY if the guest has a RedCard.

We have a photo lab and guests often come to the store to pick--up their pictures based on the "suggested pick-up time." The guest is supposed to call to confirm the order is ready, but they often don't. My guess is that many guests will place their order and then come in when they are ready....not when the store is ready.
Well if we have to pull the item with in an hour then I don't think it will be much of an issue. They should receive a cancellation within an hour of having ordered the product.

Is this rollout being delayed for everyone? We've been delayed twice now.

About Price Match, we CAN price match FF items, there's an option to change the item price before processing the payment.

Our store just got pushed back a week which is probably good because I havent trained any of my staff yet. Still waiting on the equipment.

What's the acronym for this? Not FF but the BO one. What's the slang term for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back