Archived Target terms you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to be an outstanding team member, shouldn't you always be listening to your walkie talkie while you are on the clock? I love how team members only give a crap if they hear their name on the walkie talkie. I guess it's different when you are in the backroom because I hear everything on the walkie talkie. I have been at my store for so long, that I've basically memorized how people respond to their walkie talkies. A lot of team members have certain things they always say on the walkie talkie. I think it's cute when team members try to be rude to other team members when they want their attention that they call them by the full version of their name instead of what the said team member likes to be called. For example, if a team goes by Greg or Jeff, certain team members will say Gregory or Jeffrey as a way to take a subtle jab at the team member in order to get their attention. Personally, I think that's very rude and unprofessional but I work with people that were 5 or 6 years old when Bill Clinton was hanging out with interns.

Forgot this one.
Statuses.
Could we come up with a more pretentious name for a conversation about how things are going with my work load.
Yea, I get it.
I'm reporting on my status but that word just grates on me.

It's hard to listen to your Walkie if you are speaking with a guest, so I get that. But seriously, after huddle is called, does every single person need to get on the Walkie and ask where huddle is like they are the only person to ask?

The other day, I was the only SL tm on the floor for the last 5 hours but they continued to say "softlines can you send someone up for backup?" They have a copy of the grid thing they know it's just me. Just say my name!!

Walkie talkie phrases:

" What is your location?" Why can't they ask using the word "WHERE" A "what" isn't a place! Or they ask "Where are you located at?"

Come on...located at?!?!!

I think it's cute when team members try to be rude to other team members when they want their attention that they call them by the full version of their name instead of what the said team member likes to be called. For example, if a team goes by Greg or Jeff, certain team members will say Gregory or Jeffrey as a way to take a subtle jab at the team member in order to get their attention. Personally, I think that's very rude and unprofessional but I work with people that were 5 or 6 years old when Bill Clinton was hanging out with interns.

I go by a nickname, have since I was hired, since I was like 3 years old...the only person who has ever called me by my full name is my mother when she's pissed.

There's a Sr. TL in my store who likes to do this. I'm older than her by ~6 months but both of us are old enough to remember the first gulf war. :mad:

What's your location or what's your 20 don't bother me at all. Grammatically and colloquially correct.

I think it's funny to say "what are your coordinates" instead of "what's your location".

I like to have a little fun with the ETLs, TLs, and TMs when they ask me if I have a walkie talkie or if I'm on walkie when I've been on the clock for a decent amount of time and it's been acknowledged that I possess a walkie talkie and have it on.
Sometimes when I get asked "backroom, are you on walkie",
I reply with either "yes this is backroom and I have a walkie talkie and it works" or "yes this is backroom, I'm the only one in backroom, and I have a walkie talkie and it works".

People are so oblivious to what is said on the walkie talkie. I mean unless it's about them or their department, they tune out and don't give a crap.

#wegotthis or change the game
Service academy
Calling guests mom since that's who target caters to

Oh lord, forever with the 'we got this.'....

'WTG TEAM' ... yawn
'That's the way to start it off' .... yep, we hired a cheerleader.

I saw that on the communication board. Wasn't sure if it was just my store or not.

mrknownothing, I need some help. What does NEASWAP mean?

In order to be an outstanding team member, shouldn't you always be listening to your walkie talkie while you are on the clock? I love how team members only give a crap if they hear their name on the walkie talkie. I guess it's different when you are in the backroom because I hear everything on the walkie talkie. I have been at my store for so long, that I've basically memorized how people respond to their walkie talkies. A lot of team members have certain things they always say on the walkie talkie. I think it's cute when team members try to be rude to other team members when they want their attention that they call them by the full version of their name instead of what the said team member likes to be called. For example, if a team goes by Greg or Jeff, certain team members will say Gregory or Jeffrey as a way to take a subtle jab at the team member in order to get their attention. Personally, I think that's very rude and unprofessional but I work with people that were 5 or 6 years old when Bill Clinton was hanging out with interns.

I care too much about what goes on on the walkie. If I hear "LOD go to three" I turn my volume down and go to three.

Walkie talkie phrases:

" What is your location?" Why can't they ask using the word "WHERE" A "what" isn't a place! Or they ask "Where are you located at?"

Come on...located at?!?!!

Well, location is a noun. So, "What is your location?" is a perfectly valid sentence. Granted, "Where are you?" is much better.

"Where are you?" can sound accusatory or confrontational depending on the tone of voice used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back