Archived Target terms you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's messed up is when one uses Target term lingo in normal, outside of work conversations. o_O

Like at my other job. I work in a library, and when a book is damaged beyond repair, we have to "discard" it. I've reached the point where I have to make an effort not to say "defect" instead.

..My sister dropped a glass when I was over a few weeks ago. My first response was to verbally say "can you help with a spill clean up? See if you can find the barco..." before I came to the realization that I, in fact, was not at target.

A few of our GSA/TLs say they need additional backup which I interpret as "we need more backup than the backup we already have." The thing is, they say it whether they already have backup cashiers or not.

I absolutely hate the VIBE term going on right now. Brings to my mind Vibrator which isn't a good thing while working. lol Plus I think it sounds 70s-ish and the 70s annoy the hell out of me. Or that Beach Boys song "Good Vibrations". Hate that too. I just plain hate it. There was nothing wrong with FFF. Change is not ALWAYS better!

Walkie pet peeve: #1 When I'm in the break room (walkie less) and other TMs have their walkies up FULL FREAKING BLAST like they're gonna miss something! Or ETLs who have them up full blast because they are SOOOOO important and can't miss a single piece of info going over the walkie!! I'm on my break...I want peace and quiet for 15 minutes, please!! #2 People who start talking THE MOMENT their finger pushes the button. Pause. Then speak. #3 People who talk into the speaker! Cracks me up!! Really? Is the mic over an inch in diameter? lol #4 People who wear their walkie on the hip on a clip and then push the button and yell down to it. Are you really that lazy?

We used to have to answer on the walkie and say "This is so and so. Can I Help You Find Something?" Ummmm, no I've worked here for years. I think I know where crap is by now.

We always just say LOD? on the walkie. You never know who it's going to be.

Omg. One of our Target Mobile people always leaves his walker in during his 15s and we all hate him for it. I guess they have sales goals or commission or something. He should just take his breaks at the cafe or not take them. We don't wanna hear "sher can you come for backup?" during breaks. I took the break to escape that!!

I absolutely hate the VIBE term going on right now. Brings to my mind Vibrator which isn't a good thing while working. lol Plus I think it sounds 70s-ish and the 70s annoy the hell out of me. Or that Beach Boys song "Good Vibrations". Hate that too. I just plain hate it. There was nothing wrong with FFF. Change is not ALWAYS better!

And up next on the American Top 40, those cool kids from south California, The Beach Boys are up with their smash hit, 'Good Vibrations', as a long distance request from Bored Food Aver to awbuckit.

I'm Casey Kasem, and remember, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.

Omg. One of our Target Mobile people always leaves his walker in during his 15s and we all hate him for it. I guess they have sales goals or commission or something. He should just take his breaks at the cafe or not take them. We don't wanna hear "sher can you come for backup?" during breaks. I took the break to escape that!!

I'm pretty sure they still get commission; when Target Mobile was rolled out to stores a couple of years ago (when Radioshack still owned them) they got paid decently and got okay commission on top of that, then stuff started to suck for them after their department got sold, stuff like less pay (source: close friend of a current Target Mobile rep and family member of a past one).

Lets not be too hasty now. Here's the official minutes from the Be Bold meeting at Spot HQ:
Gregg issues an executive order. No one is allowed to say no.
Everyone agrees that yes is better than no. (It's a little like those AT&T commercials with the children)
One lone dissenter reminds everyone that sometimes it's fun to say no.
Gregg suddenly remembers the "Good ol' Days" when he was Fast, Fun, and Friendly.
Gregg orders his favorite intern to bring in the dartboard.
Gregg orders the inferior interns to fill it up with the name of various teams.
A well placed dart lands in stores, everyone glares enviously at Tina.
Gregg winks at his intern/minion and points out the window at Bullseye chewing on his favorite spark plushie.
Everyone looks outside and the intern quickly moves the dart into hours.
Everyone looks back at the dartboard and forgets that it was in stores.
Meeting adjourned.
Decisions are made with games of skill and luck. It's not their fault the dart landed on hours.

Everything is a positive word not a negative word, after awhile people just think the negative word when you say it unless you're chugging that kool-aid. Everytime i hear "good job" in logistics from the store leadership all i think is that someone isn't doing a "good job" and needs to do a better job.

Even though I only spent a little time at Target, or maybe I drank too much kool-aid while I was there, or maybe they just brainwashed me, but I can't shake the terminology. I still call customers "guests" and employees "team members". I still say "opportunity", which I hate just as much as everyone else. I said to one of my co-workers the other day that "BOB is a big opportunity at store 56", and they looked at me like I was an idiot. Oh well, maybe I'll break the curse eventually.

"Ten items or less you can check out at guest services!"
If our front lanes are super busy sometimes GS will radio over to have a few guests sent their way to help out. Besides the lack of communication at my store, my team rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back