Archived Target terms you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything that comes out of the exempts' mouths lately. It's been a rough month.

SMART HUDDLE. Whenever I hear that, it just means either sales floor gets carts or we zone some awful looking aisle.

We don't say smart huddle at my store, but we have "huddle projects." And they often involve softlines. I lack the ability to softlines. But since I'm backroom now, I usually have a good reason to get away, i.e. "Sorry, I have two SPU orders that need to be done, as well as a metro and a half of freezer backstock."

Anything that comes out of the exempts' mouths lately. It's been a rough month.

We don't say smart huddle at my store, but we have "huddle projects." And they often involve softlines. I lack the ability to softlines. But since I'm backroom now, I usually have a good reason to get away, i.e. "Sorry, I have two SPU orders that need to be done, as well as a metro and a half of freezer backstock."
LOL I do the same sorta thing as a PA. I'm just like "uhh I have some TPC's to print and pulls to do..... byeeeee"

"Re-shop" is the stupidest word Target ever came up with. I'm still waiting for "Go-backs" to come back

"Re-shop" is the stupidest word Target ever came up with. I'm still waiting for "Go-backs" to come back
It's go-backs at my store, but a transfer from another says things like "Re-shop" and "Z-Bar" and people get annoyed lol

We say re-shop at my store, but my previous STL would call it "abandons." Some stores call it "foreign" or "other worlds" (this one is unique to certain store prototypes).

We say re-shop at my store, but my previous STL would call it "abandons." Some stores call it "foreign" or "other worlds" (this one is unique to certain store prototypes).
We call it re-shop. I've always hated "strays"

My store says reshop, buuuut in some situations they also say other world's reshop. It used to be a greatland with the colored lights and stuff and the whole blue world, green world, red world thing still sticks so the abandoned junk you bring up to guest service would be reshop for the other worlds. About an hour before close, the service desk tm will say "if you have reshop for other worlds, please bring it up so it can be sorted."

I can't think of it at the moment, but...

What is that silly word they use for when an ETL is talking to (in their 'office') a TM?

Not really an official thing but something that bugs me about one of my TM's... We have a GSTL that says the title of whoever they are asking for when they use the walkie.

"Executive Team Leader Bob, please."
"Team Leader Joe, please."
"Team Member Adam, please."
"Asset Protection HardlinesGuy, please."
"Cart Attendant Bill, please."

He means well by it, but it's really annoying after a while.

We've got some weird walkie users as well. There's one lady who acts so confused by it. Literally every time I hear her on the walkie it sounds like its her very first time using one. She was trying to find our ETL one day so I handed her mine and she was like "wait. So what do I say? ...I just...say it? now?!"

I figured that was a one-time thing- it was her first time or something, but she's been there like 5months now, and every time I hear her on a walkie she's super stiff. It's so awkward. Definitely one of those "they get so stressed that you get stressed for them" situations.

Since I work opening shift I'm in the first batch of people to be let in, and 2 more start times pass before the doors are unlocked. It's fascinating (and somewhat maddening) to listen to the variety of ways people ask to be let in. We've got a few women who will get on the walkie and say "Good morning everyone, could someone open the front door please?" Their cheeriness is painful when I'm in the middle of a particularly brutal autofill batch and still trying to wake up.

But most of all, I can't stand when people say "Hey Michael?" and then wait for Michael to acknowledge them before asking the question. You're eating up walkie time. If it's a short question just say "Hey Michael, where do you want me to put the challenge tub?" and if it's a long question say "Michael can you go to 2?" wait for them on 2, and then ask the question once they tell you they're there.

There's no need to turn a 10 second task into a 2-3 minute task! If they can't answer it right away they'll tell you. Playing that stupid "hello?" "hi" "I have a question" "ok what's your question?" game is such a waste of time.

I've heard TMs say "ETL?" then the ETL will respond "It'll be a few minutes, I'm with a guest" ...a few min later: "Okay TM, what did you need?" "Oh, I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to go on my lunch now"

...if you simply would've said "ETL, this is _____ I'm going on lunch." you could have avoided all of that and the ETL could've just as easily said "ok, have a good lunch"

That was a really long rant. Apparently I've got some walkie issues :oops: I'm not sure why all of that annoys me so much haha

I actually get a little annoyed when people just go "tl Bob, can you go to 4?" They've been doing it the other way "tl Bob" "go for bob" "4" for a million years, so the second person always ends up talking during the part where they're being asked to go to 4 and then there's an extra few minute of "go for me?" "Did someone call tl bob?" "Bob go to 4" "can you repeat for Bob" etc etc. It's kinda hilarious and I end up laughing every time, though so it's not a huge bother.

Oh or sometimes someone calls me to go to 3 or 4 and I'm on register but they've already gone to 3 or 4 so they miss when I say to wait for me to be done with backup. Or I just don't hear them because it gets loud up there, but they're waiting on 4 because they were in such a hurry they didn't wait to see if I acknowledged them.

I actually get a little annoyed when people just go "tl Bob, can you go to 4?" They've been doing it the other way "tl Bob" "go for bob" "4" for a million years, so the second person always ends up talking during the part where they're being asked to go to 4 and then there's an extra few minute of "go for me?" "Did someone call tl bob?" "Bob go to 4" "can you repeat for Bob" etc etc. It's kinda hilarious and I end up laughing every time, though so it's not a huge bother.

Oh or sometimes someone calls me to go to 3 or 4 and I'm on register but they've already gone to 3 or 4 so they miss when I say to wait for me to be done with backup. Or I just don't hear them because it gets loud up there, but they're waiting on 4 because they were in such a hurry they didn't wait to see if I acknowledged them.

It pisses me off too, and my STL does it all the time. He'll be like "Bernie, go to 4." but Bernie's with a guest. "Bernie, go to 4." "Bernie, go to 4." After a few more repetitions, I usually change channels myself and tell him that Bernie's with a guest and it'll be a few minutes. Nobody at my store ever did it before we changed STLs, and now all the ETLs do it and it drives me insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back