Archived Target terms you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Let's get the team excited about red cards"

Also hate any gstl/GSA who refers to cashiers as THEIR cashier. GTFO with that

OMG we have one of those! She's like 23, sounds so uneducated (pacific instead of specific, for example) and calls women 3 times her age "my cashiers" all the while checking her lipstick and asking if her hair is good. She takes credit for EVERYTHING and does NOTHING!

Accountability...because the people who like to throw that term around have none.

Opportunity...just call a spade a spade. There are things we suck at that we need to work on. Don't sugarcoat it, or it doesn't sound like something that requires attention.

"We can't play favorites" (on the subject of giving certain TMs more/better hours). No, but you can take a closer look at who gets things done during their shifts. Wouldn't it make more sense to give priority to those who actually work, rather than try to accommodate those who do the bare minimum and slack off through half of their shift?

You could toss a few of these out:
I'd like to recognize Pervis for being less sucky than usual.
And a shout out to Gladys for remembering her name tag (now you know who you are; you GO girl)
Let's not forget Mayfield for getting those little old ladies signed up for redcards (on a fixed income & they had NO idea what they signed up for)
Oh, and a heartfelt thanks to the girls in SL who left me ALL those carts of go-backs because you were playing Pokemon Go in between the racks (yep, I saw you all).

Hmmm.....redeye58 you've used a name and a place that are very familiar to me.

Recognition!

We have a newish ETL who is obsessed. Every huddle it's like "who's got some recognition?" "let's get some going!" "Doglover, you got any?" This bugs me to no end as I'm extremely shy speaking in front of groups. If I'm asked in a one-on-one situation or to write a VIBE card, I absolutely will, but don't like saying such things at huddle.
I had my first huddle today and I had absolutely no idea what to say for recognition. Vibe cards are so much easier to do since I tend to write them in the moment.

One great way to get cross trained is to pick-up a shift from the swap sheet in an area you don't know.....then when the LOD goes to sign off on the sheet and they ask you if you know the area, you can say that while you don't know the area, you want to learn.....and what better way is there to learn other than picking up a shift?

Vibe bugs me too as well. I can be friendly but I don't like the fake nice "chick fil a employee turned up to 11" act. Fuck that noise.
Now this term doesn't bother be as much but is my store the only one who calls abandons "foreign"? I've seen people call them go-backs but I haven't seen any mention of foreign at all

One great way to get cross trained is to pick-up a shift from the swap sheet in an area you don't know.....then when the LOD goes to sign off on the sheet and they ask you if you know the area, you can say that while you don't know the area, you want to learn.....and what better way is there to learn other than picking up a shift?
That only works if the LOD that night isn't your ETL...with my luck, that wouldn't go as planned.

aj76257.....by watching the swap sheet you are bound to find a shift (eventually) that you can pick-up and then make sure that the LOD signing it isn't your immediate LOD in your area.

When you find a shift then take the sign-up sheet to an LOD who is busy and then they won't pay too much attention to the shift that they are signing for.

Or, be a bit creative....pick-up the shift and take it to the LOD at the end of your shift....and when they're signing it you just tell them that you are on your way to some other engagement and you don't have a lot of time.

Or, better yet, pick up the shift, take the sheet to the LOD and have them sign it....and remind them that you are still on the clock...and they'll sign pretty quick.

Depending on your day, take the sign up sheet to a huddle and have the LOD sign it while waiting for everyone to gather for the huddle.

Just do your best to have the LOD sign for your shift when they are busy and don't really have the time to look at what they are signing.

In the end, when your swapped shift is being put in the system the person responsible for making the change will notice the problem...but it will be too late to make a change since the LOD signed off on it.

So be creative and be a little bit sneaky and you'll get crossed trained one way or another.

Thanks for the advice @pellinore. I'm still in my 90 days though, so I think I'll play it safe for now. The last thing I want to do is piss off leadership and ruin any honest chance I have of getting cross trained. I think my best bet is to explain how it's unfair that my hardlines friends have swapped shifts with me, but I can't repay the favor.

I'd be careful if I were you...telling someone that the swapping of shifts "isn't fair" is not a good thing to mention. Being "unfair" isn't a phrase often used at Target....and if you are still under your 90 days then don't even try to rock the boat.

Wait until you pass the 90 days before you start to complain.....it doesn't look good to complain when you are a newbie at Target. A complaint will leave management wondering whether hiring you after your 90 days is a good idea. I'd suggest that you keep your nose as clean as possible until the 90 days is past.
Under 90 days a business can decide not to keep you for any reason that they choose...it doesn't have to be a good reason, just a reason.

endymes-
With 3-6 hour gaps in coverage, at a SuperT. Even without the hour cuts no one catches my calls if I'm not able to. I had a SrTL sprint from seasonal to freezers to try to catch one when I was on a register last week… only response I got and she was the farthest from it! (My ETL was right next to it)

endymes-
With 3-6 hour gaps in coverage, at a SuperT. Even without the hour cuts no one catches my calls if I'm not able to. I had a SrTL sprint from seasonal to freezers to try to catch one when I was on a register last week… only response I got and she was the farthest from it! (My ETL was right next to it)
Seriously. One time one of those went off in domestics and everyone's least favorite ETL was yelling "team team team team team team you got that domestics call team who's got that domestics call?". I was the only one who was able to get it despite being all the way in the fixture room and when I got there I saw that she was literally right next to it....

Seriously. One time one of those went off in domestics and everyone's least favorite ETL was yelling "team team team team team team you got that domestics call team who's got that domestics call?". I was the only one who was able to get it despite being all the way in the fixture room and when I got there I saw that she was literally right next to it....
:mad:
We have one that won't shut up like that and then complain that I didn't call my response out on the walkie. Seriously? Like you would hear me anyway.

Actually does anyone else have ETLs that yell "TEAM" several times in a row like that? I've begun to despise that word for that very reason

"Opportunity" was a horrible choice on corporate's part. "An opportunity? Nah, I'll let this one pass me by. My workload is overwhelming as it is."

The worst thin right now is ; lod you have a call on 2280. It is always a call off, which they're not replacing. We got down to 97 tms total today. Pushing the 1s by yourself is wonderful.

Hmm, this explains our rather bad turnover. Of course, having H-E-B in Texas that pays $1-2 more an hour and a Dairy Queen down the street that pays almost $2 more an hour doesn't help either.

I know it may be necessary but our cart attendant always says

"Team this is 'Ronald' going to break."
Then five people will jump on saying "Have a good break!"
Then he responds "Dont worry I will!"

He also makes a big announcement when he goes home when I want to yell we have a grid we know you're leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back