Archived Target testing Instocks robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link, didn't know about it. Looks like I got of reading to do.

This is simply a warning for the $15/hr crowd, automation will reduce the workforce (even though this example is very early in the stages, kiosks DO exist)

This is simply a warning for the $15/hr crowd, automation will reduce the workforce (even though this example is very early in the stages, kiosks DO exist)

They will try this, it will fail since it can't deal with the ridiculous errors that the over stretched under trained and uncaring flow team creates.

They can threaten the $15 an hour all they want, if you don't funnel some of those huge profits down cause its for the greater good of your business then you create a class system and those on the bottom will rise up.. The $15 an hour is that rise.. Business could have prevented that by actually sharing those huge profits with the people who made it work but nope. Now they get to deal with this.

/rant

Kind of a one track mind you have there my friend.
Is there something you want to tell us?
Something you want to get off your chest?
Someplace you want to get out of?

i want you to unlock my threads. there i feel so much better thanks for listening.

Oh good grief! We have guests every day flocking to our stores to buy items the web site says we have. They get to the store and, surprise, we don't have it! Also, none of the my devices we use can count. I scan things and see, one on the floor, none in back, three total. Huh? We are supposed to be working to increase our online sales. Are the robots going to fix any of this? I'm just so frustrated! I wish I knew what they're smoking at corporate.

Target's credit cards were hacked.

Target's PA system was hacked.

Just wait until their robots are hacked & start running around the store causing havoc in front of guests.

Bwahaha!
It's running around counting everybody, chirping something about "Anglo-Saxon, In-Stock; Caucasian-identifying-Hispanic, In-Stock; Filipino-first-generation American, In-Stock..."

now they need a lgbt robot policy
*slams fist on makeshift desk* More gay robots! MORE GAY ROBOTS!!!!

I don't have anything to say about the actual topic. Sorry. Hiring a Roomba to count instocks sounds dumb as hell. I just read the article and watched the video and it just confirms that it looks dumb. I'm sorry, robot, I hope you don't have feelings, but you're meant for so much more than staring at cat litter and then wheeling around. Like.... is it also gonna pick up the items? It looks so flimsy that I imagine it's just going to report any outs and then a human TM is going to have to pick it up and fill it anyways, maybe? But can't a human TM or, maybe, some kind of INSTOCKS TEAM do this anyways??

I've learned that I have a bit to say about this actual topic. Sorry, robot bud. I'm sure you're nice, though.

Oh good grief! We have guests every day flocking to our stores to buy items the web site says we have. They get to the store and, surprise, we don't have it! Also, none of the my devices we use can count. I scan things and see, one on the floor, none in back, three total. Huh? We are supposed to be working to increase our online sales. Are the robots going to fix any of this? I'm just so frustrated! I wish I knew what they're smoking at corporate.
Those are store issues...not corporate. Store teams are responsible for data integrity.

Those are store issues...not corporate. Store teams are responsible for data integrity.

Our input is correct but it sometimes it does not update from the back end data base we feed into. Also guests don't understand just cause the website says we have it doesn't mean it hasn't been sold or is sitting on hold for another guest. Or my personal favorite trapped as transition and impossible to find in the jumble of transition pallets. Or the entire case is sitting on the overnight defective tub unworked since they ran out of time so that color of hair dye they need is covered in strawberry jam or smashed into a shape that is not fit for sale.

Unworked backstock is another favorite.

well then why have a website that shows availability in the first place. this reminds me of my wanna be teamleaders crying to me when i was an instocks team member. "the district team leader wants to come in a store and scan something and see the available count on the shelf. he's not interested in all the things you just pointed out to me about why it doesn't work." then show me how it's done.

Uh no. Company wide very stupid special ed MYTOY problem. Pull out an ancient PDA poof! It sheds a little more lite on things, but unless you are a BRTM, or special you ain't gettin one. NOT a store issue. It's a programming issue. Apple software trying to run software that isn't Apple is more than likely the REAL problem but I'm not a programming tech. Just capable of common sense of process of elimination and using things available to me to check things out. Add in what Bosch said and you have a complete story.
Now if we are ALL having the same problems, and you can see that by reading the threads, THAT is a CORPORATE WIDE problem. Not store issues. Sorry but true.

Uh no. Company wide very stupid special ed MYTOY problem. Pull out an ancient PDA poof! It sheds a little more lite on things, but unless you are a BRTM, or special you ain't gettin one. NOT a store issue. It's a programming issue. Apple software trying to run software that isn't Apple is more than likely the REAL problem but I'm not a programming tech. Just capable of common sense of process of elimination and using things available to me to check things out. Add in what Bosch said and you have a complete story.
Now if we are ALL having the same problems, and you can see that by reading the threads, THAT is a CORPORATE WIDE problem. Not store issues. Sorry but true.
It's not a MyDevice issue. When Target got rid of the accumulater and switched to capacity changes, it became the stores responsibility to maintain data integrity. On floor, capacity, quantity, on hands, these are all pieces of the system that YOU as a TM are responsible for upkeeping. And if there is a mispick from the DC, it is OUR responsibility to catch that mistake and fix it. The MyDevice isn't having trouble keeping track of numbers. The numbers just have to be correct to start with. Fix all your data on an item and it should stay correct for a long time.

@Signduck pay attention to this example.
I scan things and see, one on the floor, none in back, three total. Huh?

There's an item with a capacity of 5. It gets overstocked to 7. There are none in the back. The "on floor" count is capped at 5 because of the capacity. Later on, 4 are sold. Then the "on floor" and on hand counts adjust automatically and instantly. Now, because of TMs overstocking and not changing capacities/quantities, the mydevice says there is 1 on the floor, none in the back, 3 total.

All you would have to do as a team member to prevent this scenario, is either A: adjust that quantity and capacity to 7 or B: don't overstock.

@BlueSide THIS plus everything in the last comment.
Sorry you want to be right. I actually DONT want to be right. I would give my left nut to have things run smoothly for a change.
And not to mention when done correctly it doesn't show up right on the my device or on target.com.
I'm all for anything that works RIGHT. Robots included. But not at the expense of more general efups and more hours being cut. That is just senseless.
He said she said right wrong
Something is broke somewhere. Probably in the training and programming I would expect. Or maybe it's in the updates.

@BlueSide THIS plus everything in the last comment.
Sorry you want to be right. I actually DONT want to be right. I would give my left nut to have things run smoothly for a change.
And not to mention when done correctly it doesn't show up right on the my device or on target.com.
I'm all for anything that works RIGHT. Robots included. But not at the expense of more general efups and more hours being cut. That is just senseless.
He said she said right wrong
Something is broke somewhere. Probably in the training and programming I would expect. Or maybe it's in the updates.
Not the programming. Not the updates. It's lack of training and working equipment. Everyone who touches product on the floor needs a (working)mydevice at all times, and needs to be trained how to use them to their full potential.

Not the programming. Not the updates. It's lack of training and working equipment. Everyone who touches product on the floor needs a (working)mydevice at all times, and needs to be trained how to use them to their full potential.
So... the the real problem is with corporate. The app needs to be more idiot-proof, we need adequate time and materials for proper training, and we need more functioning mydevices. Who can give this to us? The people at the top.

So... the the real problem is with corporate. The app needs to be more idiot-proof, we need adequate time and materials for proper training, and we need more functioning mydevices. Who can give this to us? The people at the top.
We just need more mydevices that scan. Honeywell dropped the ball on those wonky mydevice sleds. The app is fine. And yea, people need to be trained. Don't blame corporate for lack of training in your store. If the leaders of a store really can't find any time at all to train their team, that store's just messed and on a slippery slope to failure.

@Signduck pay attention to this example.

There's an item with a capacity of 5. It gets overstocked to 7. There are none in the back. The "on floor" count is capped at 5 because of the capacity. Later on, 4 are sold. Then the "on floor" and on hand counts adjust automatically and instantly. Now, because of TMs overstocking and not changing capacities/quantities, the mydevice says there is 1 on the floor, none in the back, 3 total.

All you would have to do as a team member to prevent this scenario, is either A: adjust that quantity and capacity to 7 or B: don't overstock.

And without working equipment stocking to correct capacity is impossible, add cram the shit out attitude most flow teams have its a lost cause. But spot doesn't see how saving a few dollars on working dependable equipment is bleeding them of cash. Cause you now need two people to do one job. Flow to fuck it up and In-Stocks to fix it.

And without working equipment stocking to correct capacity is impossible, add cram the shit out attitude most flow teams have its a lost cause. But spot doesn't see how saving a few dollars on working dependable equipment is bleeding them of cash. Cause you now need two people to do one job. Flow to fuck it up and In-Stocks to fix it.
And you better hope they let instocks fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back