Archived Target testing Instocks robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they RFIDing every item? I doubt that the unit would be able to detect the case of HD detergent pushed to the wrong location behind the regular detergent without them. This robot would encounter so many "anomalies" in my store it would short-circuit itself in a couple of days. Now, if they could replace most of our Flow Team with robots ....

Target's credit cards were hacked.

Target's PA system was hacked.

Just wait until their robots are hacked & start running around the store causing havoc in front of guests.

I'm waiting for the robot to make a mistake like that (knocking over a shelf) and then TMs get blamed for it.

In all seriousness, there are some concerns I have. Will there be human staffing to make sure the robot's counts are accurate? How will it alter stores' operational focus on zones? Lastly, will it be able to summon assistance if it gets stuck or more likely tipped over by a bunch of kids in some corner where it won't be noticed, so that it doesn't sit collecting dust for hours?

I am sure they will make sure that these robots use state-of-the art technology and put them through the same rigorous testing that our current myDevices did before they rolled them out chain wide.

So, what we will see is a Roomba 595 vacuum with a VHF rabbit-ear antenna bolted to it, with a 100' extension cord attached because the battery runs out after 20 minutes.

and here I am just wanting a myDevice that can last even half a shift without either the iPod's battery going dead or the scanning sled's battery going dead. so yeah Target spend the $$ on tech that will not work in any form. and they how are those new fangled RFID wands working out? or the numerous failed tests that should never have been given the green light?

In all seriousness, there are some concerns I have. Will there be human staffing to make sure the robot's counts are accurate? How will it alter stores' operational focus on zones? Lastly, will it be able to summon assistance if it gets stuck or more likely tipped over by a bunch of kids in some corner where it won't be noticed, so that it doesn't sit collecting dust for hours?

Of course not cause they cut the in stocks team that at least my store uses for morning sales floor coverage.

:DOr, @NitroKing2110, maybe they will just repurpose some Daleks. What could go wrong there?:p

Heard HR was experimenting with using Daleks for disciplinary action (ie: coaching, finals, etc).
Can imagine when TMs are let go: "TERMINATE!"

Or Autons. Most stores already have them in the form of mannequins.

I was thinking Cybermen but I didn't want to give Spot any bright ideas.

I'm thinking we need to start a Doctor Who thread just for the hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back