Target to buy Shipt for $550 Million

My wife subscribed to a couple local grocery store's curbside service. You shop for groceries on line and submit order. The store shops for you. If they don't have something, you authorize them to pick something similar or report missed item. You pick the order up.

If you are busy or commute, its a good service.

Thats gonna work so well considering we cant seem to cull out dates daily. Wonder how many people are going to get sick off poorly maintained food stuffs. Sorry I love our market team and they do their best but Target is very ill prepared for food products :/

Gee, half a billion to buy Shipt, hope that doesn't slow down Spot's ability to fund capital improvements in the stores or mess with the announced raises. Obviously, I'm more concerned about the raises!
I'm definitely skeptical, but what I'm guessing is we paid for their infrastructure and rollout ideas, since we fuck up our own. So long as they have sound plans we just need to follow them and staff it.

But yeah, it could bite us in the ass.

Shipt is basically like Uber for groceries, where anyone with a smartphone can do it as a side gig. So I guess this won't have that big of an impact on SFS if team members aren't the ones who are picking the orders.

Shipt is basically like Uber for groceries, where anyone with a smartphone can do it as a side gig. So I guess this won't have that big of an impact on SFS if team members aren't the ones who are picking the orders.

Who is going to pick it then? as Shipt will no longer be a "sidejob" but owned by our company, and using its own payroll

Back