Archived Target to cut expenses: Hq, Stores, dc

Status
Not open for further replies.
F this company... Theres literally nothing I can think that would be good for the company to downsize in AP. Now what. No TPS's?

Already don't have one in my store and it is a disaster. Within two weeks of them removing our two TPS guys we had at least three TVs and two Dyson vacuums walk right out the front door. With no TPS we can't do a thing if someone just walks in, grabs a high ticket item and runs out the door. They are long gone by the time police would arrive. The sad thing is this is a low risk store, but the second people noticed we had no uniformed TPS the theft skyrocketed. I would estimate conservatively that in the few months we have had no TPS we have lost at least 20k in big ticket items and who knows how much in small stuff.

I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed yet. Target is falling way short of forecast and earnings projections. They have downgraded earning in both the 1st q, and now the 2nd q, causing the stock to drop about 10pts in two weeks.

This has lead to the executives touting that cost need to be cut from the operations. Operations in the u.s are already running on skeleton crews.

Some of the measures already being discussed...
Payroll cuts
Freezing pay increases
Freezing field and support level promotions and hirings
Elimination of certain positions considered non essential
Elimination of bonus programs
Reduction of recognition programs or celebrations
Reduction of social programs
Further reduction of Ap teams

F this company... Theres literally nothing I can think that would be good for the company to downsize in AP. Now what. No TPS's?

That is one of the dumbest fucking ideas I've ever read. Seriously, downsize AP? That's fucking stupid. I hope every AP exec reads this comment. Go ahead and downsize AP. I hope they end up enjoying thefts shooting through the roof.

Already don't have one in my store and it is a disaster. Within two weeks of them removing our two TPS guys we had at least three TVs and two Dyson vacuums walk right out the front door. With no TPS we can't do a thing if someone just walks in, grabs a high ticket item and runs out the door. They are long gone by the time police would arrive. The sad thing is this is a low risk store, but the second people noticed we had no uniformed TPS the theft skyrocketed. I would estimate conservatively that in the few months we have had no TPS we have lost at least 20k in big ticket items and who knows how much in small stuff.

Do you at least have an APS? Or only an APL?

And guess who will absorb the cost of these increases in theft?
Team members, of course. Next yr's raises (if any) will be even MORE pitiful.

Raises? You mean cuts?

Do you at least have an APS? Or only an APL?

Only an APL and we even went for a significant period of time without one of those either. For at least six or seven weeks we had absolutely no AP presence in our store. The theft increase was noticeable right away. The APL helps, but a significant portion of that person's time is wasted doing other things on orders from the ETLs.

This company is going down hill really fast, this company really does live by its motto "expect more, pay less" but out of its team members who are the backbone of target, and the most of us are fed up.

I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed yet. Target is falling way short of forecast and earnings projections. They have downgraded earning in both the 1st q, and now the 2nd q, causing the stock to drop about 10pts in two weeks.

This has lead to the executives touting that cost need to be cut from the operations. Operations in the u.s are already running on skeleton crews.

Some of the measures already being discussed...
Payroll cuts
Freezing pay increases
Freezing field and support level promotions and hirings
Elimination of certain positions considered non essential
Elimination of bonus programs
Reduction of recognition programs or celebrations
Reduction of social programs
Further reduction of Ap teams

That is one of the dumbest fucking ideas I've ever read. Seriously, downsize AP? That's fucking stupid. I hope every AP exec reads this comment. Go ahead and downsize AP. I hope they end up enjoying thefts shooting through the roof.

We haven't had a TPS in years. At least not since I started at my store two years ago. It's just our APTL and that's it. Luckily we're in a low-risk area, but we still get our share of push-outs. I really don't think anyone in corporate has ever set foot in any of the stores they keep taking from...

How about instead of flying those jets and having those private concerts with Justin Timberlake or whoever they have this year they give us some hrs just saying...... lol They have been cutting hrs so badly it's starting to look like a skeleton crew.

How about instead of flying those jets and having those private concerts with Justin Timberlake or whoever they have this year they give us some hrs just saying...... lol They have been cutting hrs so badly it's starting to look like a skeleton crew.

STARTING to look like a skeleton crew? Our store is already there. We are up for backup so much that at the end of the night we're lucky to get our zone done and then it's not great. Sunday my TL and I were zoning in market and still had 4 aisles to go when they called it and that was 15 minutes past our scheduled time. We walked up to the service desk with 4 carts of reshop. It was horrible. It's pretty much been like this for the past week or so. There's no one on the sales floor when guests want help or someone from the front needs something or worse yet a call button goes off. We've had a few go to 3rd request because there is absolutely no one on the sf to answer them or if there is to get there on time.

My store went into night mode for about an hour at 2:00. I asked the SFT and the LOD separately what's up with the lights? Both said we were spending much on energy so we had to cut some lights off.

My store went into night mode for about an hour at 2:00. I asked the SFT and the LOD separately what's up with the lights? Both said we were spending much on energy so we had to cut some lights off.

They definatley spend alot on energy, but I can promise you they are NOT cutting off lights in the middle of the day lol

The "demand event" lighting thing where they put the lights on 50% power has been happening for at least 3 or 4 years now.

They cut our AP a bit. There have been Saturdays with absolutely no uniformed AP. I feel like it's more acceptable to not have them on like a Tuesday, but a Saturday? Of course, the Saturdays that they aren't around are the days I find higher cost empty packaging... and empty spider wraps.

Someone mentioned hour cuts in September. Phillip Lim collection looks pretty good, we might get hours for that one day in September lol.

I would be okay if they cut two (specific) AP's from our scheduled hours...these two are absolutely useless in the position and just about the same, if not more, of merchandise leaves the store unpaid when they are there as when there is no AP "presence"

starting to look like a skeleton crew the store im at has 5 people max on the floor for the whole day its insane. how do they expect us to constantly deliver amazing guest service when we dont have the manpower to even finish our zone or do the reshop. and they wonder why we are red 95% of the time

We just learned today that at our ultra low volume store returns will be done at the registers. Bye bye guest service desk!

We just learned today that at our ultra low volume store returns will be done at the registers. Bye bye guest service desk!

Dear God, please don't let that be coming to my store....guest service is my only reason for living most days....

i dont know if this is a rumor or not...but spot, the target dog, has his own private jet...idk if that is the only target dog out there, but if thats true than thats fucking bullshit, a dog gets his own private jet while us team members barely get shit? even if that isnt true, i can bet that the dog gets more money than we do in a month... so when they say lets cut expenses is bullshit, a dog makes more money than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back