Archived Target to lay off more HQ team members...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of companies here in Minneapolis are reaching out to people who got laid off. I'm sure they're fine.

Well at least Minneapolis isn't illegible or leak.
Don't post don't post damn

Ew minneapolis the city where bad news comes from

Nothing I have heard in the past 3 years is good out of that city.

"Your hours are cut."
"Your hours are cut."
"Your hours are cut."
"Your hours are now in the negatives."
"We don't know how that works. But you can't work off the clock to figure it out and you have no hours to figure it out."
"Also you have eight salesplanners this week to set."

Ew minneapolis the city where bad news comes from

Nothing I have heard in the past 3 years is good out of that city.

"Your hours are cut."
"Your hours are cut."
"Your hours are cut."
"Your hours are now in the negatives."
"We don't know how that works. But you can't work off the clock to figure it out and you have no hours to figure it out."
"Also you have eight salesplanners this week to set."
Agreed! Target never makes sense when they "plan" things. Lol.
And yes, I heard a rumor from some Target peeps that RxBP's will be laid off soon...

From thelayoff.com site:
thebreakroom.org
we in the stores would love to know what's up with corp... thebreakroom.org is our message board not affiliated with Target in anyway and is anonymous. any news to share? i'm just a member but come register and share information... we would love any AMAs or stuff like that
Anonymous109259
It is not me...

Did the mydevice team(s) get fired? These things are fucking garbage. Going on nine hours with only 6 pda's. A corporation with a market cap of 53+ billion that can't get simple gear to work so their employees to do their jobs.

If they didn't get fired, they should be.

I'm just glad these layoffs are not hitting stores...yet.
o_O

Stores have been cut to the bone the past few years. Positions have been eliminated, and team members are lost through attrition, "performance management," fewer hours, et al. Corp has already trimmed the fat at the store level. Not a layoff by definition, but certainly a cutback in the number of positions within the stores.

Did the mydevice team(s) get fired? These things are fucking garbage. Going on nine hours with only 6 pda's. A corporation with a market cap of 53+ billion that can't get simple gear to work so their employees to do their jobs.

If they didn't get fired, they should be.
I somehow doubt that the team that has been working on the MyDevices intentionally chose such terrible products to build apps on from scratch.

It was more likely a scenario of: "Hey, Target is going to be using iPods and Honeywell scanners to replace the PDAs. Now go make some apps for these!"

And the outage the other day was effecting multiple services, not just the iPods.

I somehow doubt that the team that has been working on the MyDevices intentionally chose such terrible products to build apps on from scratch.

It was more likely a scenario of: "Hey, Target is going to be using iPods and Honeywell scanners to replace the PDAs. Now go make some apps for these!"

And the outage the other day was effecting multiple services, not just the iPods.

Thats the case in most jobs. You are given tools to do your job, and in most cases, it's not top tier stuff. I find it funny that all interactive technology at target is awful. It's not just hardware, nor is it a single team. It's a company wide problem as far as tech goes.

I don't have a problem with the hardware. The iPods last me a shift. The scanner has a problem, but it's only an inconvenience. All problems I've seen at my store are on the software side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back