Archived Target to lay off more HQ team members...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardlinesFour

Super Ninja
There's a lot of talk, about Target announcing additional layoffs for the headquarters office in June. This is pretty bad, considering... they just laid off 1,700 team members in March.

I'm just curious. Has anyone else, heard much about this?

If it's the DC's, it's gotta be building-specific. I can't imagine anywhere to cut where I'm at. We're already running razor-thin as it is. That, and we're still onboarding new hires.

Guys if my post gets over 100 likes I was told I can keep my job! Like this and send it to 7 other friends or be haunted by the MyDevice skeleton for all eternity!

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░░░
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░

Hey, we need you around.

Guys if my post gets over 100 likes I was told I can keep my job! Like this and send it to 7 other friends or be haunted by the MyDevice skeleton for all eternity!

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░░░
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░
We need you!

Trimming the fat is needed, whether here or any other company. I'm surprised that they have not made 2 nearby low volume stores be overseen by one STL. Might get some of them out of their office more often.

Trimming the fat is needed, whether here or any other company. I'm surprised that they have not made 2 nearby low volume stores be overseen by one STL. Might get some of them out of their office more often.

The fat was trimmed long ago. They are now cutting into the meat. And that means they have no idea how to turn things around. I think we will see another round of store closings.

As a store employee, I say that's good news. Stores are getting shit on right now. If HQ employees get shit on, too, maybe the weight of the shit we're dealing with won't be so god damned heavy.

I'm all for trimming the fat at corporate. However, usually they cut the people with the highest salaries, and usually they are the ones who have been with the company the longest. When you do this you are also eliminating part of the institutional memory of the company. These are people who have learned already what works and what doesn't work in different systems. If a relatively new person at a company is attempting to do something, someone who has been at the company a while can recognise that it was tired before and did not work for a particular reason or reasons. Another new approach could be thought of, or an already established one could be reused.

When I first started at Target more than 10 years ago, I was impressed with how well all the systems worked. They weren't perfect or flawless, but something being wrong was rare.

Now, after every layoff at corporate, we seem to have more problems from screwed up POGS to the various systems being down.

We all know how through and comprehensive training is at the store level, do you think, in general, it is any better at corporate?

We at the store level have to deal with what comes down from corporate so it helps us to have the most experienced people in place in Minnesota (or the DCs, or field offices, or anywhere up the chain).

I'm all for trimming the fat at corporate. However, usually they cut the people with the highest salaries, and usually they are the ones who have been with the company the longest. When you do this you are also eliminating part of the institutional memory of the company. These are people who have learned already what works and what doesn't work in different systems. If a relatively new person at a company is attempting to do something, someone who has been at the company a while can recognise that it was tired before and did not work for a particular reason or reasons. Another new approach could be thought of, or an already established one could be reused.

When I first started at Target more than 10 years ago, I was impressed with how well all the systems worked. They weren't perfect or flawless, but something being wrong was rare.

Now, after every layoff at corporate, we seem to have more problems from screwed up POGS to the various systems being down.

We all know how through and comprehensive training is at the store level, do you think, in general, it is any better at corporate?

We at the store level have to deal with what comes down from corporate so it helps us to have the most experienced people in place in Minnesota (or the DCs, or field offices, or anywhere up the chain).

This is an overall issue. Stop hiring 22 year old ETLs who do not know poo about anything and start paying your TLs that have been around since the aforementioned ETL was still in the 3rd grade a little more. Or promote them to ETL. A degree is not a declaration of what the person can do for you.

My store just hired a second internal for ETL. Not bad for only having 4 etls. They weren't from my store, but close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back