Archived Target to lay off more HQ team members...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a store employee, I say that's good news. Stores are getting shit on right now. If HQ employees get shit on, too, maybe the weight of the shit we're dealing with won't be so god damned heavy.
I just wish they would get rid of the brain damage half-witted monkey that makes up the planograms. that poor guy should have been retired a real long time ago.

I just wish they would get rid of the brain damage half-witted monkey that makes up the planograms. that poor guy should have been retired a real long time ago.

He has probably spread his will unto his team, so you'd need to get rid of the entire team. I'd like to see some changes in replenishment. Shit is embarrassing when you're constantly out of your brand of an item.

What, you don't like innovations like "let's make each facing its own location" and "a 4-ft section of pegs that are all 1-P1-1.XX?" Where's your sense of lunacy adventure?

What, you don't like innovations like "let's make each facing its own location" and "a 4-ft section of pegs that are all 1-P1-1.XX?" Where's your sense of lunacy adventure?
1, 3, 5, 7, 9 shelf numbers need no stinking even numbers, we shall strike a blow for al the odd fellows out there. It's for diversity yeah that's why hey did it like that

He has probably spread his will unto his team, so you'd need to get rid of the entire team. I'd like to see some changes in replenishment. Shit is embarrassing when you're constantly out of your brand of an item.

meh, I am kinda digging the whacked out on hand counts of Target Brand items. On hand counts of 75, and yet there is mouthing in the store, on the way to either the store or the DC. And still the Instocks folk don't want to update the numbers because "It's probably on the way". After two plus weeks I doubt it.

Once had a right-out-of-college, newly trained ETL as LOD at our store. A TL requested her over the walkie to come to light-duty. I actually heard her ask another TL what was light-duty and where was it? Target training at its finest!
Is this a TL and above only term? I've never heard of light-duty. But I'm not a TL. I've been a sales floor TM for several years.

Most store have at least two separate parts of the backroom. Receiving is where the trucks are unloaded and most of the power racking/speed racks are at (all the pallets and bulk stuff). Light duty is the side of the backroom that has all the aisle and is for smaller items.

Thanks. I've been back room trained for 5+ years & help pull CAFs, Instocks pulls, work the audit, backstock, etc. and have never heard it. We just call it the Main, the middle part Recieving, and the other side is Grocery (SuperTarget)

This company is literally in chaos. More cuts like this will no doubt lead to more store closings. I do not think this new guys has a clue what to do other than cut, cut, cut.

Actually, I think that the new guy has a clue about what is going on.....that is why he's making so many possible cuts and changes. He has to fix everything that gregg st.....ful screwed up....it may take some time, but I think that he'll get spot on the right track.

He's from one of the biggest businesses in the world. They brought him in to fix things and he's got a lot on his plate to take care of.....give him some time. If this guy can't fix spot I don't think that anyone can fix spot.

meh, I am kinda digging the whacked out on hand counts of Target Brand items. On hand counts of 75, and yet there is mouthing in the store, on the way to either the store or the DC. And still the Instocks folk don't want to update the numbers because "It's probably on the way". After two plus weeks I doubt it.

Your In-Stocks team are idiots. Zero that out, with than on hand count, none are coming. None will come, REPEAT NONE WILL EVER SHOW UP.

This is an overall issue. Stop hiring 22 year old ETLs who do not know poo about anything and start paying your TLs that have been around since the aforementioned ETL was still in the 3rd grade a little more. Or promote them to ETL. A degree is not a declaration of what the person can do for you.
Yup.

Your In-Stocks team are idiots. Zero that out, with than on hand count, none are coming. None will come, REPEAT NONE WILL EVER SHOW UP.

the individual team members, well to be honest maybe one of them on a good day with out rain, know what to do to fix the problem the main issue is that they are not allowed to do what is necessary to fix the problem. Don't want anything to show up on the drastic now do we?

They could lay off the entire Target India workforce(whatever that number is) and replace them with 10 fluent English speaking people and productivity would go up and costs down because you know... people would actually know what the other one was saying. lol.
Yep. Target India is a joke. I hated calling CSC and getting them. I always got in a shouting match due to the language barrier.

My favorite part is when they cut the procurement team for Ship From Store's boxes, causing us to go almost a month with scraps, along with the team that creates our daily Level of Service reports. Thanks guys.

the individual team members, well to be honest maybe one of them on a good day with out rain, know what to do to fix the problem the main issue is that they are not allowed to do what is necessary to fix the problem. Don't want anything to show up on the drastic now do we?

That can't happen, things will always hit the report. Better to take the hit and get the product back in store. Can't sell it if you don't have it. And no one gives two craps if it hits the report, that is why we have it for exactly things like this. If it gets worked - That is what matters.

So when I go to this link I'm only seeing comments being made....one about Bill Cornell and the 160 people being invited to a meeting. Is this what I'm supposed to see and believe?
Vp's are having a meeting on what jobs or groups to lay off. It will happen target India. Rumors are RJU office closing. That is the area, stores call 334 on.

Last edited:
Sorry, but it feels like Cornell is just turning Target into a red-wrapped Wal-Mart. I thought the goal was to be better than Wal-Mart. Then again, he did come from Sam's.

I have to disagree here. Cornell has identified major issues with the Target structure in both people and process. Our HQ staff has been too large, and no CEO has wanted to cut them. If you read employee reviews about Corporate, they can tell you exactly how much time is wasted (times 15,000 employees at the time). If they have to get cut down to 10,000 and learn to be more efficient, now is the time. The stores were the ones that suffered in the past with these cuts, and its time to stop slicing them down. Sure, there will be a learning curve at HQ and the remaining ones will have to work harder instead of having weekly statuses and team building exercises which will affect the stores for a while, but its a band aid that needed ripped off. I find it funny that anybody here would oppose lay offs at HQ.

Secondly, Cornell has been clear on his vision on where we need to grow and how. The stores are meant to drive online sales more than they ever have, and to get Target.com at least onto the map when it comes to sales online (which we hardly had ever done). He wants us to assist with logistics (ship from store) and the remodels that are coming down (Electronics Experience, Baby 360, and Home Reinvention) are helping set up departments that guests can shop and purchase online if wanted.

To recap, he is cutting HQ instead of stores and investing into stores to support the online market place....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back