Archived Target to lay off more HQ team members...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think that the new guy has a clue about what is going on.....that is why he's making so many possible cuts and changes. He has to fix everything that gregg st.....ful screwed up....it may take some time, but I think that he'll get spot on the right track.

He's from one of the biggest businesses in the world. They brought him in to fix things and he's got a lot on his plate to take care of.....give him some time. If this guy can't fix spot I don't think that anyone can fix spot.

Until the second largest comes knocking...

He has probably spread his will unto his team, so you'd need to get rid of the entire team. I'd like to see some changes in replenishment. Shit is embarrassing when you're constantly out of your brand of an item.

True that. I tend to have issues getting stuff in for Pixi, and especially for Sonia Kashuk, which is weird since Sonia is the Target exclusive-brand make-up. They should be on top of the replenishment for this.

What, you don't like innovations like "let's make each facing its own location" and "a 4-ft section of pegs that are all 1-P1-1.XX?" Where's your sense of lunacy adventure?

I noticed that facing/location thing with the newest cosmetics salesplanners. Meh, tbh. The 1-p1-1.XX is fucking annoying, but nowhere near annoying as new revisions suddenly getting .90 and .99 added to everything.

Is this a TL and above only term? I've never heard of light-duty. But I'm not a TL. I've been a sales floor TM for several years.

Same. We just call it "near the steel" or "near the coolers".

Back Room.
It's the area where they backstock the smaller items.

Thank you!

They could lay off the entire Target India workforce(whatever that number is) and replace them with 10 fluent English speaking people and productivity would go up and costs down because you know... people would actually know what the other one was saying. lol.

#Stop Outsourcing Everything 2k15

I have to disagree here. Cornell has identified major issues with the Target structure in both people and process. Our HQ staff has been too large, and no CEO has wanted to cut them. If you read employee reviews about Corporate, they can tell you exactly how much time is wasted (times 15,000 employees at the time). If they have to get cut down to 10,000 and learn to be more efficient, now is the time. The stores were the ones that suffered in the past with these cuts, and its time to stop slicing them down. Sure, there will be a learning curve at HQ and the remaining ones will have to work harder instead of having weekly statuses and team building exercises which will affect the stores for a while, but its a band aid that needed ripped off. I find it funny that anybody here would oppose lay offs at HQ.

Secondly, Cornell has been clear on his vision on where we need to grow and how. The stores are meant to drive online sales more than they ever have, and to get Target.com at least onto the map when it comes to sales online (which we hardly had ever done). He wants us to assist with logistics (ship from store) and the remodels that are coming down (Electronics Experience, Baby 360, and Home Reinvention) are helping set up departments that guests can shop and purchase online if wanted.

To recap, he is cutting HQ instead of stores and investing into stores to support the online market place....

HQ cuts were made in 2009, over 1000 people and again in Jan 2014 both by Gregg. And the Electronics, Baby and Home are also all left overs from Gregg. Of those areas Cornells new focus will be in Baby along with Apparel and Beauty. We really have not seen any of what he is going to change because it will take time for those things to role out. Same with all the online stuff. The thing you never hear him say is anything about better staffing and better service. Gregg did plenty of investing in stores his problem was he never invested in people. That does not look to change.

The person in charge of package design that put the clear label on the up and up dish soap that doesn't scan.
Once you've gone through an inventory you will find this is common. Ask your pricing tl to fix it, either by an email or a new bar code.

From the layoff site:
Its official now. 180 laid off and another 200 positions eliminated in target india. Edabi, hr and admin affected. Merch and tts coming soon.

Last edited:
I ask cause Bangalore has an average income per capita of $1,200 (in '06-'07). That's a whopping savings of $216,000 per year!

I ask cause Bangalore has an average income per capita of $1,200 (in '06-'07). That's a whopping savings of $216,000 per year!

And no matter how much the language barrier pissed you off at least there was someone on the phone trying to help you.
Now there isn't going to be anybody to answer the phones when you need them, so that pissed off customer you are trying to help ... they are going to be ballistic.
No India wasn't perfect but it was better than nothing which is what's coming up.

20uoabk.png

Hah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back