Archived Target to price match with Amazon and other online retailers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov. 1st through Dec. 16 we will price match any online price.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/16/target-online-price-matching/1636923/

Awesome. Cool. Great.

What about after those dates when we don't do it anymore and people start getting angry? That's what I'm worried about

Nothing, but the link claims that GS is going to be able to go online and verify prices so anything suspicious could potentially be denied. Not that I expect that. Not very vibe-like to challenge a guest...

Nothing, but the link claims that GS is going to be able to go online and verify prices so anything suspicious could potentially be denied. Not that I expect that. Not very vibe-like to challenge a guest...

How would we even be able to look up the prices at GS? The Kios we have are slow enough as is, they hardly work, if they do work guests are using them, and they don't allow access to sites other then Target.com.

Are they going to give GS an ipad or labtop? That doesn't seem like the Target I know.

I don't know. From the link in OP:
Target will match online prices between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16. In stores, customers can show the competitor's online price for a specific item on their smartphone, or customer service can look it up to confirm

The article said customers can show the website on their phone OR employees can check for them. I as well want to know how we do that?

Will we be price matching the price alone or the price plus standard shipping? Either way, it'll shut the guests up finally.

Best Buy is doing this too starting November 4. Looks like Target is doing this to stay competitive.

Done with the line behind them forming to all ask the same darned thing. Ugh. Plus returns. I may regret jumping so quickly to get to GS!

get used to using that Red button on the top of your keyboard. As long as you do that you will be just fine.

I really don't like the idea with my team. I think that could work for most teams but I can see it getting stolen and/or breaking within a week of our store getting one.

We keep our iPad in cash office or locked drawer at gs.

My husband works at a store where all of the employees are carrying iPhones now, and will be able to ring up purchases with them if the customer has a debit/credit card. I can see lines of customers forming around every sales floor associate because "I just don't want to get into that long line at the register!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back