Archived Target Won't Sell Beyoncé's New Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live for this new Bey, though lol. She's so dirty and she's not hiding her accent, or her hood-tendencies. Not so pristine and inaccessible, like Matthew always presented her. Not sure it has as much crossover appeal as her last album, though

She is also doing well in feminist circles (my family) because of a sample from an amazing writer Chimamanda Adichie.

Here and article about it and the video.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/dec/13/beyonce-samples-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-feminism-talk

*whispers* I prefer to buy physical albums, still. I almost never actually use the CD, though. Spotify premium ftw. Physical copies are now cheaper than itunes/amazon/google play a lot of the time. Orr, they're the same price but it feels like more bang per buck because you get a physical book/cd. Or Target has an exclusive edition of Janelle Monae's album and I have no choice.

Same. I like buying CDs because I want to have a physical, tangible record of all of the music I enjoyed when I get older. I got the beginnings in my taste in music from rummaging through my mom and dad's old CDs and cassettes, and that's something I hope to hand down to my own kids someday. :)

*whispers* I prefer to buy physical albums, still. I almost never actually use the CD, though. Spotify premium ftw. Physical copies are now cheaper than itunes/amazon/google play a lot of the time. Orr, they're the same price but it feels like more bang per buck because you get a physical book/cd. Or Target has an exclusive edition of Janelle Monae's album and I have no choice.

Same. I like buying CDs because I want to have a physical, tangible record of all of the music I enjoyed when I get older. I got the beginnings in my taste in music from rummaging through my mom and dad's old CDs and cassettes, and that's something I hope to hand down to my own kids someday. :)
I imported all of my CDs into iTunes - in my library and then the kids had a copy of it on the computer they used to sync their Nanos on.

I was highly amused to see/hear the stuff of mine - and her Dad's - that my oldest started listening too!! Of course it makes picking a radio station in the car easier! :D (no easy feat with one that is almost 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back