Archived Target's Website Crashes on Cyber Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear God. I do not get paid enough to price match to Target's website today because they can't get their stupid site working properly. I am getting all sorts of angry guests and snarky comments...like this was all personally my fault. Days like this I dream of walking out.

This is definitely one of the reasons why I'm trying to get out of the front end. I've gotten tired of people blaming me for things that are far out of my control, like running out of stock on BF, no price matching, backroom not responding for flexible fulfillments, myGo dying, and today the website going down. People seem to think that I, personally, am at fault for everyone else's cock-up.

My order went through. So anyone trying to place an order, now may be the best time to do so.

Update after 5 minutes: Site is down again

Last edited:
I ordered some items this morning about 4:30- 5:00 am. I was up early and went for it!!

I'm really glad I did that because of the apparent continuing disaster, but I'm just a tad apprehensive about the fact that they may cancel my order...

Does anyone know if this has had an effect on Flexible Fulfillment in the stores? Have the SFS stores been getting orders today?

I ordered some items this morning about 4:30- 5:00 am. I was up early and went for it!!

I'm really glad I did that because of the apparent continuing disaster, but I'm just a tad apprehensive about the fact that they may cancel my order...

Does anyone know if this has had an effect on Flexible Fulfillment in the stores? Have the SFS stores been getting orders today?

We were hopelessly swamped in SPU and SFS orders.

I walked into 169 orders/16 batches in the gun at 7am. Nothing dropped after that all day. Loveddddd it. I needed a break lmao. Bad for sales, good for SFS. Flex was crazy all day. BR does those in my store.

My br walked into 325 orders. Got it down to 100 by ten, at noon we were back up to 500 orders. All the etls were pulling the flex orders.

Doesn't help that our DTL made sure we did zero price matches today. He only let us give the 15%. No matching prices.

Oh that was sarcasm lol? I was seriously confused by his decision. If we're honoring the 15% because the site is down, why wouldn't we honor the prices?

Probably because as @HardlinesFour pointed out it would have been giving away the store.

There is a reason brick and mortar doesn't offer the same prices as online.
Target Online is a whole different business for all practical purposes, so it's not helping your store to price match online.
In some cases even that 15% is going to hurt the stores margin.

It'll hurt us in a lot of cases. There's very little markup in Electronics. And in groceries, it's less than 2%...

I was told... if just one Playstation walks out the door, we'd have to sell 43 of them.. just to recoup what we lost. Now imagine that kind of margins, across most of electronics and video games.

Probably because as @HardlinesFour pointed out it would have been giving away the store.

Target Online is a whole different business for all practical purposes, so it's not helping your store to price match online.
Oh yea I didn't really think about the cost of shipping the items or the value of shelf space. I reckon he has a good head on his shoulders after all.

But if the guest was able to get through on the website, they could have gotten the online price and 15% off, and that's all the store would have gotten for the items, anyway. So we don't lose anything if they were going to pick it up from the store. And if Target didn't want us doing that, then maybe they should have gotten their act together and done something with their website. Every single one of us on this site knew this was going to happen...don't tell me those in charge of all of this couldn't figure that out.

It'll hurt us in a lot of cases. There's very little markup in Electronics. And in groceries, it's less than 2%...

I was told... if just one Playstation walks out the door, we'd have to sell 43 of them.. just to recoup what we lost. Now imagine that kind of margins, across most of electronics and video games.
Not to mention the items we literally take a loss on even if sold at full price. Like a lot of the TVs.

My STL told me to give the 15% off to anyone who asked for it. Yesterday was a disaster. They only scheduled one opener, no mid and one closer at guest service. That meant everyone working yesterday was either on a register doing back ups or at guest service. Also, we had no one to get the orders that were in the back room. If the guest was lucky enough to actually order something it took forever for them to pick it up.
I had guests that wanted to buy online but the web site said something was sold out/unavailable. Then they would see the items on the shelf when they came in the store. I spent 8.5 hours yesterday apologizing to guests while cringing with embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back