Archived Target's Website Crashes on Cyber Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what has become normal for Target anytime it's website gets busy it of course fails. Target's Website Crashes on Cyber Monday, Locking Out Some Users How many years has this been going on? Why can they not fix something as basic as this? For all of Targets big failures like Canada, P-Fresh, and the data breach it is the basic things they get wrong year after year that is really a sign of a company that is in trouble. Things like not being able to role out an exclusive without huge problems, not being able to run something like a profitable pharmacy that every else seems to be able to do and the constant crashing of its website at the most important times. I swear it is almost like the people at HQ are completely clueless.

In what has become normal for Target anytime it's website gets busy it of course fails. Target's Website Crashes on Cyber Monday, Locking Out Some Users How many years has this been going on? Why can they not fix something as basic as this? For all of Targets big failures like Canada, P-Fresh, and the data breach it is the basic things they get wrong year after year that is really a sign of a company that is in trouble. Things like not being able to role out an exclusive without huge problems, not being able to run something like a profitable pharmacy that every else seems to be able to do and the constant crashing of its website at the most important times. I swear it is almost like the people at HQ are completely clueless.

If I recall correctly, it's 15% off everything. Massive traffic. We broke our online record for Black Friday sales (Wii U Was the Top-Selling Item in Target’s Record-Breaking Online Black Friday Sale)

Jesus, I'm all in favor of critiquing corporate but some times it's not their fault. It's a massive sale, with massive traffic. I swear sometimes the complaining is just ridiculous

I would really like to know that the HQ people are actually thinking. If they thought offering 15% off site wide wouldnt cause issues, then they need to rethink everything they do because they dont have a clue what their customers actually want and need.

15% off is a big deal for a lot of people and they failed yet again.

Screen_Shot_2015_11_30_at_1_12_04_PM.png

I read an article a few days ago which mentioned Target's 15% cyber monday deal. Target had told them "it won't be the biggest day of the year for online sales though..." they broke records for black Friday, and thought that would be the biggest day all year. Definitely a little misjudgment there lmao.

If I recall correctly, it's 15% off everything. Massive traffic. We broke our online record for Black Friday sales (Wii U Was the Top-Selling Item in Target’s Record-Breaking Online Black Friday Sale)

Jesus, I'm all in favor of critiquing corporate but some times it's not their fault. It's a massive sale, with massive traffic. I swear sometimes the complaining is just ridiculous

It is called being prepared. Whenever they have good deals on the website it gets lots of traffic and then crashes. During the holidays and during those exclusives it always crashes. If it was once in great while it could be excused but, it always happens. Nobody else has this problem on a regular basis. This is the one area where sales are truly growing. It should be a big focus. It is not like heavy traffic is a surprise. And instead Target again comes out ticking off shoppers and making the wrong kind of headlines.

It is called being prepared. Whenever they have good deals on the website it gets lots of traffic and then crashes. During the holidays and during those exclusives it always crashes. If it was once in great while it could be excused but, it always happens. Nobody else has this problem on a regular basis. This is the one area where sales are truly growing. It should be a big focus. It is not like heavy traffic is a surprise. And instead Target again comes out ticking off shoppers and making the wrong kind of headlines.

how often does walmart actually have exclusives though

you can't really make an accurate comparison since walmart doesn't really have massive exclusive designer sales that we hear about

But we're not even having an exclusive right now. Walmart is also doing a huge cyber monday sale, but their site didn't crash.

GEEZ, I'm trying to order a bunch of stuff - and I can't add it in the cart and it says wait in line prompt or something....

REALLY ??? How could this happen ? I want to buy something.... Please ? Please ?

It's called having extra data centers on line. Target is just to cheap to bother, or to have a fail fall to the next data center. Target should know there are large computer companies out there that do this kind of thing on the daily. And would be happy to do the back end work that target fails at so spectacularly every time.

I have tried ordering 5 times now by my count to no avail. It lets me go all the way to the order review screen, but once I press 'complete order' it crashes and doesn't complete the order. This last time I tried, it actually emptied my cart (WTH??) and I had to add the items I wanted again only to find one of them now unavailable for shipping. Needless to say I'm a little ticked.

Just take my fucking money!

Dear God. I do not get paid enough to price match to Target's website today because they can't get their stupid site working properly. I am getting all sorts of angry guests and snarky comments...like this was all personally my fault. Days like this I dream of walking out.

I was able to buy one item. It's Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT + 2 year warranty minus all the discounts the total was like about $175.

I had to keep refreshing the page though coz I was in a cyber line. LOL

Dear God. I do not get paid enough to price match to Target's website today because they can't get their stupid site working properly. I am getting all sorts of angry guests and snarky comments...like this was all personally my fault. Days like this I dream of walking out.

But it is your fault! In fact, not only did you know ahead of time that this was going to happen, but you personally and singlehandedly orchestrated it. For that you should give me a 50% discount off my purchases today (it's the least you could do!), kiss my foot and apologize to me for breaking the website and completely ruining my Christmas!

/s

are we still supposed to price match tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back