Archived Taxes...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they'll be available on Monday? Or do they mail them out?

Ours were available at the fitting room today.

@Jiminy, go to wherever you pick up your check at your store (TSC, fitting room, service desk, wherever). They should have paper W-2s there.

They normally hold them a week at the store then mail the leftovers on a Friday.

We've used the online h&r block for ages. Friend weird for Jackson Hewitt so they did them a few years for cheap. Another friend works for h&r block. So a couple years there. We can file our state free via the state website.

Even with a mortgage we did our own. All the free Obama money ended the year before we closed on our house. So as long as we're not owed tons we don't worry.

i didn't know about the 1095-C form and just logged in and printed my W2 and setup the 1095 to be electronic also and says that the 1095 will be available on february 10 2016, thats in 2 weeks.

So anyone else, should log in now and do this so they get the 1095 in 2 weeks. I'm going to do my taxes online on Presidents day since I will be off, I'm taking a personal day that day.

I'm totally confused here about taxes. My dad told me not to file because I've only been working under a year and then I have another friend who is like no no no you file do that

Send help

I'm totally confused here about taxes. My dad told me not to file because I've only been working under a year and then I have another friend who is like no no no you file do that

Send help
if you make any money you have to file it's simple and since you made vary little you should get all of the taxes that you paid back.

if you make any money you have to file it's simple and since you made vary little you should get all of the taxes that you paid back.
Not true. From irs.gov:

You must file a federal income tax return if your income is above a certain level; which varies depending on your filing status, age and the type of income you receive.

Send help
Here's the chart to help you determine whether you need to file:
2hczxvm.jpg

If you make under $54,000 a year then the IRS will help you get your taxes prepared for free by an IRS trained volunteer at your local community centers. I work for H&R block, and if you don't own a home or run a side business, and have no stock investments, then most likely you'll be doing a 1040EZ which you can yourself with TurboTax in 15 to 20 minutes. H&R Block will charge you at least $100 to do what you can do yourself. Here's the link for the free tax prep help. The IRS will train you to prep taxes for free (H&R charges $400 to 500 for their tax prep trainings) in exchange for a few hours of your volunteer time. So I'm getting up early for that tomorrow. Good night Free Tax Return Preparation for Qualifying Taxpayers

You don't have to file when you're below that threshold, but you still should, because you get all the tax money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back