Team lead and Etl altercations

If a Etl cusses at you . Is that considered verbal conduct? had a Etl ask why the fuck something looked the way it did? And expressed he was fucking pissed and better fix it in 30 min

Last edited:
A couple of my TLs cuss. Never directly at me but at other TMs in jest. I mean doesn't really bother me to hear it. Doesn't seem to bother the TMs either. They just cuss back lol

I flat told an etl to grow some balls ( and yeah he was gay) but the way he put his finger in my face and called me little girl well it’s on then

If they're in your face just politely ask them to give you some space. Back off about 2 ft. Turn 90 deg either direction and take a few steps, give yourself some swinging room. Tighten up spin around and cold cock the mother fucker right in the teeth. You learn this shit from growing up on the street and from Ft. Jackson, South Carolina.

It’s not professional and it’s not OK, but odds are the worst will be a wrist slap unless they are really a dick on the regular AND they aren’t being baited into it (like you started yelling first.). Even then they will probably just move stores.

So he said, "Why the fuck is this such a mess? It had better be fucking fixed in 30 minutes or I'm going to be fucking pissed!"
Or something to that effect?
Does anybody watch Hell's Kitchen?
I spent a good portion of my life having head chefs talk to me like that.
Does it make it right?
No, not really.
But they weren't really swearing at you.
If they called you a fucking donkey (yes chef, I'll get another one on the grill right away), then they are swearing at you.
Otherwise they just have a foul mouth.

Is this common behavior for that ETL? If so, that's a toxic situation and should be addressed by higher-ups.

If it's not common behavior, chalk it up to a bad day and move on.

Was this once? Or regular?

If once, well the question in my head is what's the fucking big deal? Would his question and statement have been appropriate and understandable without the f bomb?

Does that one word give you the vapors? If so, I don't care if you are a 60 year old grandmother, you need to grow up and stop acting like you are in the 5th grade and you have to tell the teacher Tommy said bad things. Bad words exists, people say them.

its constant disrespect And mistreatment of everyone in their path
The SD let’s The two act as they please
they target people and ride there ass till they can fire them or make them quit

Giving it back to them in spades is the only way. I once had an ETL who wrote me a 12 hour schedule and told me to go the hell home at 9am, so I wadded that schedule up, threw it back at him and yelled "AGAIN WITH FEELING MOTHERFUCKER!" He was so taken aback that he couldn't find words and just hung his head and moped back to the office to call the hotline on himself. I tried to promote into his position but negotiations went awry after they realized I didn't really want the job and was only applying for the money

Back