Archived Team Lead as stepping stone for ETL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck on your new job Dwoodall05.
Welcome to The Break Room.

I am a Deli Assistant Manager going to GSA soon, is this a smart move?

Depends. It's ALL about metrics; especially RedCards. It doesn't matter if a every single guest has a RedCard, they will still complain!

Personally, I am not a fan of the frontend. I miss my days back in LOG. If I was ever offered a GE-ETL position I'd be finding something else...

I am a Deli Assistant Manager going to GSA soon, is this a smart move?

Depends. It's ALL about metrics; especially RedCards. It doesn't matter if a every single guest has a RedCard, they will still complain!

Personally, I am not a fan of the frontend. I miss my days back in LOG. If I was ever offered a GE-ETL position I'd be finding something else...

Yeah, I'm hoping if I get the intern and an offer its Logistics, Hardlines, or maybe HR.. (3rd pref of the 3..)

HR is usually reserved for advanced interns.

Logistics was my intern workcenter and I had a blast! If you can run logistics, you be an ETL in any workcenter.

Logistics was my intern workcenter and I had a blast! If you can run logistics, you be an ETL in any workcenter.
Yeah I'm just hoping to intern anywhere lol.. I don't feel well about my first round but hopefully it passes.. a phone interview was a little more nerve racking lol..
But what's the typical time frame to hear back and is it via email or phone call... and do they contact you either way to let you know? I know some companies take like a month before they say no.. Lol

When I was going through the intern interview process I received an email later during the day of the first interview to schedule the second interview. Not sure if those that weren't brought back for the second interview were contacted. Then again, the interviews were through campus recruiters in person, so the time it took them to get back was streamlined since there were so many of us.

I didn't feel well about my first interview either; Don't sweat it. Good luck ISign!

When I was going through the intern interview process I received an email later during the day of the first interview to schedule the second interview. Not sure if those that weren't brought back for the second interview were contacted. Then again, the interviews were through campus recruiters in person, so the time it took them to get back was streamlined since there were so many of us.

I didn't feel well about my first interview either; Don't sweat it. Good luck ISign!
Thanks! Yeah if I don't get this I think I'm going to apply for a team lead position to try get back into target and get management experience while I finish school..

Yeah I'm just hoping to intern anywhere lol.. I don't feel well about my first round but hopefully it passes.. a phone interview was a little more nerve racking lol..
But what's the typical time frame to hear back and is it via email or phone call... and do they contact you either way to let you know? I know some companies take like a month before they say no.. Lol

The turnaround time for me to hear back was EXACTLY one week after each interview. I was personally called (or voicemail was left) and there was a follow-up e-mail sent after each call. However, I applied for the internship in the Spring, so I'm sure everything moved at a faster pace.

However, since you would you be a "Fall Hire" and the internship doesn't start until the summer... Things may be slower.

Kohl's, Sear's/Kmart, and JCPenny also have summer in-store internships as well.

Thanks! Yeah if I don't get this I think I'm going to apply for a team lead position to try get back into target and get management experience while I finish school..

Don't forget... If you are turned down for an internship, your application (and the hiring decision) may follow you. Not sure on this... Maybe an HR person would know...?

The turnaround time for me to hear back was EXACTLY one week after each interview. I was personally called (or voicemail was left) and there was a follow-up e-mail sent after each call. However, I applied for the internship in the Spring, so I'm sure everything moved at a faster pace.

However, since you would you be a "Fall Hire" and the internship doesn't start until the summer... Things may be slower.

Kohl's, Sear's/Kmart, and JCPenny also have summer in-store internships as well.
Oh I wasn't aware they recruited in the spring too I probably would have waited and went to the career fair... well today is the one week mark so maybe I'll hear something today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back