Archived team lead bench again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's odd, being made GSA with no interviews

Not that odd. A.S.A.N.T.S., considering it isn't a TL position and so technically doesn't require an interview, just that HR key it into the system. My store did interviews for it but I know @Nauzhror was just given it.

That's odd, being made GSA with no interviews
We hand over gsa and pa without interviews. We don't even ask the team who they think would be a good addition, we just put someone there like it or not.

Yeah, it's kind of a weird policy, but I had to reinterview for TL after I was on the bench for a year. Then my STL was all weird about it and made me do another interview with her. It was rather informal. Basically because I had gone on LOA for a month to focus on school and came back. They were pushing me into a SrTL spot at the time when all I was looking for was TL. I needed the flexibility for school. When I told them I didn't want SrTL right then they got all mad at me because I had messed up their succession plan. It's not like succession planning is made known to people on the team or anyone other than the STL and ETL-HR. How was I supposed to know they had put me down as a SrTL to ETL without even having a serious conversation about it with me? Anyway, now that I've been a TL for a while, they are talking to me about SrTL again. But at least they are actually respecting me and having real conversations about it instead of just assuming my future for me. It's funny that we seem to have better communication when I'm on LOA than when I'm in the store 5 days a week!

Yeah, it's kind of a weird policy, but I had to reinterview for TL after I was on the bench for a year. Then my STL was all weird about it and made me do another interview with her. It was rather informal. Basically because I had gone on LOA for a month to focus on school and came back. They were pushing me into a SrTL spot at the time when all I was looking for was TL. I needed the flexibility for school. When I told them I didn't want SrTL right then they got all mad at me because I had messed up their succession plan. It's not like succession planning is made known to people on the team or anyone other than the STL and ETL-HR. How was I supposed to know they had put me down as a SrTL to ETL without even having a serious conversation about it with me? Anyway, now that I've been a TL for a while, they are talking to me about SrTL again. But at least they are actually respecting me and having real conversations about it instead of just assuming my future for me. It's funny that we seem to have better communication when I'm on LOA than when I'm in the store 5 days a week!

Happened to me almost the same way as well. Declined a position that was at a failing store (store announced closing 4 months later) and messed up their TL plan, so now I'm not even on the bench anymore...I have to wait for them to send me to interviews again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back