Archived Team lead dislikes me

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve gotten the hang of things at Target, I show up on time, do my job to standards, and always help out my team when they need it. For the past 3 weeks I have been scheduled for one 4 hour shift. Do they want me to quit? My team lead gives me bad vibes and jumps at the chance to find something to belittle me about. My other team lead is very nice to me and if she ever has anything to say it’s constructive. My ETL is also very nice to me, and has said I’m doing a great job. I just cannot stand the first team lead I mentioned because I see them the most and how they act just towards me. Combined with my hours, I don’t see a point in working at Target anymore.

I’m passed my 90 days and don’t have any coaching or corrective actions, so I don’t think I can get fired, but the first team lead definitely wouldn’t miss me. Do they schedule so little on purpose, to get team members to quit?

If and when I put in my two weeks notice, do I just put hours not worth it?

If it makes you feel better (it probably won’t) but hours are cut across the board. If you are expecting hours you were getting when you were hired, unfortunately that won’t happen atleast until March-April.
Like I said you are not being singled out. Its January and hours are scarce.
What you can do is get shifts from the swap board.... other then that, you know what’s best for you

1. Team Leads don’t make decisions on how many hours you get. They have no input into making the schedule.
2. Retail IN GENERAL dies down after Christmas. Hours go down dramatically.
3. You can put that the hours aren’t worth it if you want when you resign.

1. Team Leads don’t make decisions on how many hours you get. They have no input into making the schedule.
2. Retail IN GENERAL dies down after Christmas. Hours go down dramatically.
3. You can put that the hours aren’t worth it if you want when you resign.
The first part is ASANTS on two fronts. I've seen regular TLs give input to the ETL writing the schedule, though mostly for preference on where/when their area has coverage.
Also, Sr. TLs do have schedule access and some will write portions of the schedule every week.

The first part is ASANTS on two fronts. I've seen regular TLs give input to the ETL writing the schedule, though mostly for preference on where/when their area has coverage.
Also, Sr. TLs do have schedule access and some will write portions of the schedule every week.
Very true. I shouldn’t have put that they have no input into schedule making but they don’t control how many hours a specific team member gets. OP seems to think that.

If anything, find an "in" with another team and change up the work-life. A lot of my fellow sales floor team members have done this after their 90 days, regardless of differing attitudes of seasoned TMs/TLs.
In my store, I have seen a ton of people move to FLO due to differences with others.

Everyone’s hours are cut in January. I literally have a five hour shift tomorrow and then after that it’s just a four hour shift on Thursday and another four hour shift the next week. This means 1 day a week of work consisting of four hour shifts. Paychecks are not pretty during January, but it will get better. For now, try picking up shifts on the Kronos app ( if your store uses it) this is when being cross-trained in multiple departments come in handy.

Very true. I shouldn’t have put that they have no input into schedule making but they don’t control how many hours a specific team member gets. OP seems to think that.
It’s definitely an ASANTS. I have full ownership of my team’s schedule and write it/key it in. OP might think January hour fluctuations is their Team Leader’s doing which we all know isn’t true.

It's gonna be that way for the next month or so, into March. Not 100% just four hour shifts, but hours will be below 20 hours a week for a good bit here.

I'm lucky to be in a department where I kind of "need" to be there so I'm still getting 29-32 hours but I have a lot of six hour shifts and I hate it, because I'm there for an extra hour but only paid for six of it. I try to leave at the 5.75 hour mark on these days but there's always something holding me back, team leader, ETLs, other TMs.

I would say stick it out, because unless you have the opportunity to get into a warehouse job or a job related to your degree, this time of year generally doesn't bring out many hours to work, especially in retail.

It’s definitely an ASANTS. I have full ownership of my team’s schedule and write it/key it in. OP might think January hour fluctuations is their Team Leader’s doing which we all know isn’t true.

Yup, my team leader is probably the only leader at my store who can actually write our schedules, our ETL just audits it. HR still handles availability.

Tell me about it. When I was first hired I was guaranteed 30+ hours off the bat and this week I’m like literally down to 18 hours. It’s sad 😔 some of us have wives children and parents to support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back