Archived Team Lead Payroll Cut???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to target and to be honest, it has been a NIGHTMARE. I could go on and on about my experiences but I'll just stick to this one for now.

I was 1 hour away from clocking in (almost leaving my house and driving to work) when the HR at my store called me and said they needed to cut payroll and I needed to take the day off. Is it normal for the top paid team lead in the store to get cut???? That is so bizarre to me. I wasn't in overtime and now I'll have 7 hours taken off my check. I'm pretty mad about it.

It has happened at our store too. They usually call a TL who has been with Target forever, has a ton of vacation time saved up and may want a day off. Usually they take the day off and just use their vacation time to make up their paycheck. If you have paid time off saved up, you can use it to make up for lost hours.
Honestly I would be irritated too.

I haven't been there long enough to rack up any vacation time. So they just basically took like $80 from me.

She made it seem like I was taking either a day off today or tomorrow. It didn't seem like I had much of a choice.

I'm fairly new to target and to be honest, it has been a NIGHTMARE. I could go on and on about my experiences but I'll just stick to this one for now.

I was 1 hour away from clocking in (almost leaving my house and driving to work) when the HR at my store called me and said they needed to cut payroll and I needed to take the day off. Is it normal for the top paid team lead in the store to get cut???? That is so bizarre to me. I wasn't in overtime and now I'll have 7 hours taken off my check. I'm pretty mad about it.

I'm fairly certain that HR should have "asked" if you'd like to take a day off to help control payroll. You have every right to say no..... maybe you felt uncomfortable with the situation because you're new. To Lur99's point.... HR would usually ask someone who has vacation time accrued to take a day off. So...... maybe the next time you get a call from Target HR, let it go to voicemail; then YOU can decide w/out the pressure.

Well they treat me like a team member and have absolutely no respect for me so I shouldn’t be too surprised. I could hear them all cutting up and laughing in the background of the call. You’re right, I was very uncomfortable with the situation. Given the way I’ve been treated, I just said yes rather than give them more of a reason to treat me poorly.

I mean, I know that technically any Team Lead is fulltime considered 32-40 hours. I've heard ETL HR say this many times but usually we get free roaming with our hours specially me and two others with our Senior hours.

But I'd be hella pissed if they did this! Although I feel they would cut team members before any leader in the store, at least in mine.

NO HR should be making that phone call. If an ETL or STL cannot handle their hours, they (the STL/ETL) need to make the call. An ETL/STL telling HR to make that phone call to someone above them or in a similar paygrade, in which it directly affects pay, means the ETL/STL has pawned their dirty work onto someone. Think about this....an ETL doesn't call another ETL and tell them not to work in this area or leave early just like a STL wouldn't tell a DTL what to do. When it comes to pay, no one at an equal status should affect someone else's pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back