Service & Engagement Team Leads

My Sd, when they are there is constantly on the radios working with us, i see them constantly pushing uboats thru the store/ backroom, they are very rarely in his office.
I love my sd

Saw that with my last SD. I barely see the new one anywhere. I wonder if they actually exist

There is zero reason a leader needs to be in the office all day. If that's the case then the leader has poor time management skills or is being overtaxed.

You can't lead a team effectively without some type of leadership bond or buy in, and you can't garner that from an office.

During my most managerially tasking time (manage remodel, flow, backroom and instocks process, write schedule for the store minus front end, plan transitions) I spent one 8 hour day in the office, and spread the rest over the week in 30 minute blocks.

This has maybe changed, but a huge majority of target leaders whom I worked with never even used a calendar to track daily time. The company in general had poor time management practices.

Maybe you should try tracking attendance, training, reviewing schedules, reviewing addendums, reviewing stores weekly, etc all from a cash register then. We have to have offstage time. If our team members can’t run the front without us then we failed training them.

Maybe you should try tracking attendance, training, reviewing schedules, reviewing addendums, reviewing stores weekly, etc all from a cash register then. We have to have offstage time. If our team members can’t run the front without us then we failed training them.

Why would you be on a cash register as a SETL? That's literally the last place you should be.

I stand by my original statement, if you can't manage to do all offstage work within the span of 8 hours at a maximum, and a few small blocks each other day for daily tasks, then you have poor time management skills or you're working outside of your Lane and getting way overtasked.

You have to recognize your team members for what they are. Generally speaking largely inexperienced and younger workers new to the workforce. You -cannot- get this demographic to follow you effectively if you aren't giving them face time, and if your team isn't bought in then you can't be an effective leader.

Back