Archived Team member discounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Fairy

Chicks Rule!
I know that your dependents can use your discount but if you are a student or young adult, can your parent/s use your discount?

Dependents can't use your discount card either. You can apply for them to get their own cards.

Thank you. No one but me uses mine, but I wanted to know who is allowed to use another TM's if I am ringing their order. Don't want to make any mistakes.

Dependents (I think 16 and above) can use a TM's discount, but should have their own discount card. This includes those in college who are still claimed as dependent by their TM parent.

But a parent of a TM is not a dependent and is not eligible to use their child's TM discount.

As a cashier, it isn't up to you to police discount usage. But if you see any blatant abuse going on, you can let AP know about it.

As a cashier, it isn't up to you to police discount usage. But if you see any blatant abuse going on, you can let AP know about it.

ASANTS I suppose. As a cashier, I have definitely turned away parents trying to use their children's TM discount cards without them present.

I've shopped at many Targets in my area and have never been ID'd on my discount card.

Abuse use of your TM discount will draw some attention though. If your racking up large purchases beyond what would be reasonable for one person they probably will look to see if it's actually you.

ASANTS I suppose. As a cashier, I have definitely turned away parents trying to use their children's TM discount cards without them present.
I have, too. But there are times when they fought me on it. And I decided to just do it, and if they were a TM at my store, I let the LOD know. If they were from another store, I let the right person know so they could contact that store. But in the end, of there is a question in my mind about it, I let it go through, because it isn't my place to weed them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back