• Thread starter CrimsonRaven712
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrimsonRaven712

What does the test for becoming a Team Trainer consist of? Is it different depending on what work center you are in or does it change? Is being a trainer even worth it? From what I understand you don't get paid anymore money and if someone you train makes mistakes then those can come back on you.

Mine consisted of, Do you want to be a Team Trainer?

And then a simple yes or no answer.

I've never really had anything come back on me, as I think my leadership knows our training is sh*t.

I declined to become team trainer without any problem. I work for Spot almost 15 years now.

I became a trainer by having training due on the board. I looked at a PowerPoint and that was it. I don't even have a designated training area. I think everyone becomes a trainer after a while, at my store anyway.

The test is a joke. My dog could pass it. I've been a trainer for two years or three. I've trained only a couple people. Mostly cashiers. Ironic...

I took the quiz, it was basically just making sure you knew how to explain/teach how to do your job. If you've ever seen the training pamphlets, that's basically it.

You don't get any extra money or anything like that. Your TL/ETL might appreciate you more if you do a good job.

...there's a quiz to become a trainer? I was basically just told I was one now, and I went to a brief meeting about it. And then about 10 months later, I got a name badge saying "Team Trainer" it.

I was just asked if I wanted to do it, and I said sure.

Then I had to take a quiz asking stuff like

"if you're training Joe and you have to go do something, what do you do?
a. bring him with
b. leave him alone and tell him to figure it out
etc. etc.

aka common sense quiz

I was just wondering about it, because I know how to do everything but can't always remember correct terms right away (ghosts,etc)

when i became team trainer they just said hey @@@@ stand against this wall so we can take your picture for the team trainer board. i said uhhh ok... then a couple of weeks later i was training some poor sap who had no idea what he was doing... until i trained him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back